Reply to Thread

Thread: Tome Recipe, Codex Recipe, so what!?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Tome Recipe, Codex Recipe, so what!?

Hi People, my discussion here about those recipes, it is not about a suggestion, but about giving an idea to BB or trying to get more info about features that might come to make those things usable.

Also, I'm not talking about the expensive cost of making tomes or even worst the codex using rarity provision house.

But about the time matters and is it really possible to use them!

I got my Tome Recipe from the first attempt, and my codex recipe from the third attempt, my manuscript from the 3rd attempt or 2nd, anyway since that date I'm making manuscripts non-stop, even that, I never managed to do tomes inside RPH more than 1 time with a full stack of 25 tomes.

I managed that just because I stopped to do anything in bookbinder and I want to see is it faster or not worth.

I found it is really not making a lot of progress here, I can use 5x5 manuscripts in bookbinder before it finishes the second stack, so what the point from the recipe at the first place?

I really see a problem with this recipe that I can't anybody will be able to use sooner or later.

From Oct. or Nov. 2016 until now, I can't use them even with non-stop manuscript production, with almost always buffed RPH with Barazek.

Are those recipes something is meant to use in future? or BB just added them as a "mostly" useless option?
    Hello People

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I would like to use them ... but honestly, I don't ; got those recipes pretty easily as well. I was totally okay to use more resources on tome with the addition of beanstalks (at last we could have used them for something useful) - same on codex with the addition of star coins (even if they are more precious and hard to get) ... the only thing that really bothers me is to have to use one more manuscript to make tomes and one more tome to make codexes. The recipes are totally useless that way as it slows the process to do anything else in the RPH as we still have to do the other buffs we always use : steaks, glues and irma's feasts ... I would be glad to use them if BB made a change of the number of books as in the bookbinder ... but I don't dream sigh !

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyAmy View Post
    I would like to use them ... but honestly, I don't ; got those recipes pretty easily as well. I was totally okay to use more resources on tome with the addition of beanstalks (at last we could have used them for something useful) - same on codex with the addition of star coins (even if they are more precious and hard to get) ... the only thing that really bothers me is to have to use one more manuscript to make tomes and one more tome to make codexes. The recipes are totally useless that way as it slows the process to do anything else in the RPH as we still have to do the other buffs we always use : steaks, glues and irma's feasts ... I would be glad to use them if BB made a change of the number of books as in the bookbinder ... but I don't dream sigh !
    My RPH for only manuscripts, this is another annoying issue if you want to talk about other buffs, the RPH become almost useless for anything except manuscripts for me, I can't even think about making anything else for now, and still, can't manage to do any tomes, codex is bigger joke, you need 100 tomes for 25 codex, well, I understand that I don't expect things to be so easy, but really, those recipes become useless like just for a complete collection or complete achievements.

So I'm really wondering.
    Hello People

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Alex said in test that people will probably make tomes and codexes in bookbinder and manuscripts in provision house. Its just common sense.

World
    Newfoundland
    Got lucky and obtained the manuscript quite a while ago. So i made scripts in rph and tomes in bookbinder. Now i have many (100's) scripts, i could switch to tomes in rph. Its the way it works i think. At first it looks expensive, but after a few months of non stop script production, not so much. Not making scripts in bookbinder, only tomes and codex. So faster like that for sure. RPH for me, has nothing much to do these days anyway.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The sense of them is actually having a life outside settlers, yes it makes more sense to use a glue and produce your tomes in your bookbinder but the reality is you have to keep coming back to the pc every 6 hours, the recipes give you the option to throw a load in the RPH and get a friend to buff and you can forget about them for the day. Makes perfect sense to me.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    The sense of them is actually having a life outside settlers, yes it makes more sense to use a glue and produce your tomes in your bookbinder but the reality is you have to keep coming back to the pc every 6 hours, the recipes give you the option to throw a load in the RPH and get a friend to buff and you can forget about them for the day. Makes perfect sense to me.
    it is 2 days for 25 manuscripts if you buff RPH with barazak in the most optimal way that you don't let it unbuffed for any second, and still you can finish 4 tomes (20 manuscript) with not buffed level 6 bookbinder (tomes take 12 hours).

So even in the fastest RPH and slowest bookbinder, you can't manage RPH tomes until you stay on this stress scenario for a long time.

In real case, you almost buff RPH for 1 time daily, so basically, you can say 2 days and a half to finish 25 manuscripts, that the same time you need to finish 5 tomes without buffs, if I'm wrong to correct me, because when I started to use glue, I'm getting lower amount of manuscript in my storage, was about 300, now I have 246, even that I'm not buffing my bookbinder most of the times anyway, I do buff it for 1 time weekly in avg only (with Wilderwood Resin buff).

And with Wilderwood Resin optimal way, you can finish 25 manuscripts in 1 day and 6 hours, so before even RPH finish the 20/25!
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 12.07.17 at 05:12.
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Are you asking for buffs which better suit your playstyle ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Are you asking for buffs which better suit your playstyle ?
    No, not asking for anything, or I would be posted this in the suggestions forum.

Just my notes about those recipes.
    Hello People

Reply to Thread