Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to the buff drops with explorers ?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

What has happened to the buff drops with explorers ?

I have 17 explorers 12 of which are fully upgraded to artifact search....and for the last week all they bring back is fishplates or a sandwhich
    my 3 lucky explorers are upgraded as well and I haven't had beans or guild coins either...just coal or iron ore.

I know it is all percentages but I was getting bags of snow fairly often but I'm not now, is this a bug or have the percentages been nerfed again?

World
    Newfoundland
    Do you really think it is a bug Uni? lol
    How come BB never introduced the bugs for players profit? Only for its own. We keep losing highend weapons and noone of devs calculated costs or even brought their appologies, now all our investments to books gone with a wind. What is next? I am curious if BB really understands the damage they make to TSO by humiliating dedicated players...

World
    Newfoundland
    2 rainbow out of 11 just now
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    it's not a bug its part of the rebalancing thing, that means turning the game in to mush.

posted this yesterday but i shall post again,

I have 20 expos trained for the artefact search, some have cost gems others have required me to attend 2-3 years of events.
    At xmas 2013 I bought 300 RttBN, at 95 presents each that is 28.5k of presents, or around 450k gc coin equivalent, I spent from December to April doing just that adventure, so I could train my expo up to find buffs, I make a lot of coin and well it means i don’t have to trade for them.

Prior to this change in the Balance system, which we were told would only effect loot, i was hitting 4-5 Rainbow snows a day (around 40 searches), that seems like a lot but I have had to work to get to that stage. Now I’m lucky if i get 1, most of the drops give me junk like fish platters, and hardly and x3 buffs.

The thing BB fail to understand is that they are making the game worst, you invest a lot of time into this and then they decide to turn everything on its head.

Why should a player be punished because they play the game in a certain way ? if a player choses to make gold it takes a lot of time yet the rules should now change because a number of people are doing it ?

Oh and it's not %, after 2 and a half years I a pretty sure that loot is calculated in terms of what you have/ have received via mail, against the average % drop. Meaning the more of a item you have the lower it's drop rate will be calculated.

That said that has probably changed now too.

I am curious if BB really understands the damage they make to TSO by humiliating dedicated players...
    Hits the nail on the head, a MASSIVE spit in out faces.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 22.01.15 at 01:00.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    It's all random.
    I have only 2 artefact searchers, but from July to November I didn't get a single Rainbow buff... guess how that feels.
    It's all random.

BTW: Had Bean Soup today and a Snow yesterday. Got 50 Beans from Rarity search y'day as well.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    is this a bug or have the percentages been nerfed
    it's not a bug its part of the rebalancing thing
    It's all random.
    I have only 2 artefact searchers, but from .................................
    Well lets hope that BB is able and willing to shed some light on which is true (don't hold your breath while you wait!)

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I don't believe it is completely random, I think that BB by simple command can make a "happy hour" day when adventures and explorers drop desirable items and vice versa. I also only get sandwiches and single irmas, with occasional bean soup. Not a coincidence that I haven't seen granite for a week from adventures too. Until yesterday.
    My conclusion, BB creates shortages on special and desirable items for the same reason they removed weapons from loot and adventures for map fragments. To encourage gem usage and make progress harder.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's not random it's psuedo-random. Also for every group not getting what they want there is another group who are, the thing is they don't have to be on the 3 EU servers.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    It's all random.
    No it is not, it is possiable to control what loot you got, but now not so much.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    Not a coincidence that I haven't seen granite for a week from adventures too. Until yesterday.
    Yeah, they have a hardcoded feature in the game: "if (username = CrazyBat and giveBadLoot = true and loot = Granite) then reroll loot".
    Must be, because I got Granite loot every single day during the past 3 weeks, so seems like the code doesn't apply for me.
    But before the Combat changes, I had 50 Dark Priests dry of Granite (at 50% chance).
    Other than that, we need to realize that while BB is surely aware that Granite is more popular than Saltpeter, in their eyes, Granite is a loot like any other and from what you can see, they consider 10 Saltpeter as desirable as 1 Granite. Which, in the long term future, might even hold true: A highlevel max player is more likely to lose cannons than upgrade a building.

(wow, successfully derailed)

I'm not getting any more or less Snow than previously.
    On a side note: Rarity search just came back with 50 Guild Coins and a Rainbow snow on my Lucker.

Reply to Thread