Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Level of compensation for outage followed with painful network maintenance/update

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Cool Level of compensation for outage followed with painful network maintenance/update

Well BB, it is not often that i will start a post but in this case i think it is needed:

The compensation will for most players post 50 and a fair few below this level not make up for the loss of production/collapsed mines etc. In the reward there is also no provision for the missed gems from 7 days logon bonus. For a lot of small investors this is one of the few sources and they lost one cycle.

I understand that regular maintenance and regular update do not warrant a reward or compensation but the outage nor the 2 follow up planned events went very smoothly. Considering the lack of expectation management regarding downtime, a lot of people feel annoyed by the experience. The compensation would have been an nice way to turn that feeling around. With this package this won't happen for many a player and so looks like a missed opportunity and in some cases a reinforcement of the negative feeling form the last 3 days

It would have been nice if the package was a bit bigger- which would make for less negative feelings and a lot more people thinking they at least broke even on island production/rebuilding with the package and a few very happy campers in the lower levels or less active people- Which would make for an all out more positive experience where we probably end up joking about the outage a bit more instead of griping about the reward package

Hopefully you can revisit the package or try something additional next week at the start of the event ) [Shameless Plug]

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have to agree because of the outage i had around 20 of my coinages running unbuffed as i couldnt log in plus my lvl 7 mines ran unbuffed i lost a fair bit

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am on premium so getting 2 days of premium for 2 days lost is not really something to write home about. Did not get my weekly login gems - no one did - so covers my lost premium - but does not make me happy,-does not stop my general bad mood over this whole mess, I think it is an rather stingy compensation.

If support give me my pathfinder bonus I might feel less cheated. Did use a far too big part of my Sunday trying to get in to get my pathfinder bonus.
    People not on prem get the same compensation, for them it is a little extra I guess.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I too must agree with Qualan....the compensation this time feels like a slap in the face. BB is usually fair in their compensations but this time I think that it is very low.
    I understand that the outage was not BB´s fault but it was not ours either. A lot of loyal players lost very much during this outage and I feel let down by the compensation.

It might be good if BB could look into the possibility of roll-backs...that way nobody would have lost anything but some game time.

World
    Sandycove
    nobody actually "lost" anything. Its a free to play game, and the island stops production after certain amount of time if no log in. At worst people have lost out on log-in gems and not completing some tasks for free in-game goodies plus some mines.

Prem has been credited in the package along with buffs etc.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Nobody likes a smart arris

World
    Sandycove

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    so every one that wasn't on premium gets 2 days premium as compensation and
    everyone that was on premium just gets there 2 days back that they lost in
    the first place what a joke

qawpaw
    lol. I am more than happy with the compensation. Its still just a game.
    Last edited by qawpaw; 20.03.18 at 21:41.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by pardy577 View Post
    so every one that wasn't on premium gets 2 days premium as compensation and
    everyone that was on premium just gets there 2 days back that they lost in
    the first place what a joke
    The message didn't even acknowledge the outage.

BB's handing of this has been text book how not to.

The compensation package was hardly worth the effort involved in opening it, and it certainly went no way towards repairing relationships with disgruntled customers.

Reply to Thread