Reply to Thread

Thread: gen keeps attacking

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

gen keeps attacking

Hi,anyone having trouble with game. At moment on BLT adv and friend is doing ls,but all that is happening is that his gen just keeps attacking ls,over and over,and not making kill. Refresh not worked.
    anyone with similar

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    been happening for weeks now, since PvP went live.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not that active in adventures at the moment Jim_B, still feel burnt out from Halloween. Is the latency issues improving?

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Happened to my lootspotters (Both) on VLT.

For one his general attacked same camp 15 times and no kill and we all refreshed several times before it finally allowed us to move on. We tried just one being on the adventure at a time. Made no difference.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    It is a lot better, but these issues with generals are VERY strange and I reckon some of the failed blocks that people were blaming on lag are in fact linked to these issues. It's not just affecting blocks, but transferring (garrisons get stuck in a building 'loop') and single, straightforward attacks. Camps that appear to be engaged still intercept etc...

The repeated attacking thing is most noticeable on things like fairy tale lootspots where the attack involves a long walk. What I see happening on CLT for example is the general walks normally for approximately half the distance (around the blacksmith shop), then the game freezes momentarily, the general the jumps to the lootspot camp and starts attacking. The attack then loops over and over for another 10m or so until finally the defeat is registered.

What it seems to be is a conflict between where the game thinks the general is and where he actually ought to be based on the time from sending. It is suspicious to me that the freeze and jump to the target camp happens after about 10 mins or so on CLT and the loops last another 10m or so. The whole walk from landing zone to loot camp normally takes about 20m. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. Sometimes when the attacks are looping you can even see the 'real' general still approaching the camp. The looping attacks finishing at the point where the real general would have won or lost the combat.

All very annoying, and if you are on a lootspot you must insist the host waits until you have a battle report confirming a kill.

My suspicion is that something connected to the new faster marshals on PvP is conflicting with the behaviour of the old slower generals and messing the game's timings up.
    HOTFIX!

Reply to Thread