Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Medi-Packs

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

Medi-Packs

With so much new content I think we need medi packs more than ever. With the advent of champions and skills most players want the Master Planner skill and be able to suicide those same gens.

I was saving ggc and planning to buy as many medi packs as I could just b4 the shop change. Obviously with the unannounced change (thx bb, dont remember that happening b4), I'm left with only a huge pile of ggc thats no use atm!

I love all the new content and really appreciate BB's efforts, but u have created this situation and if many other players feel the same as me could u plz think about enabling us to buy them at a cheaper rate and not with gems.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    In the past Ive been able to buy Medipacks cheaper on TO than the guild market.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I was saving ggc and planning to buy as many medi packs as I could just b4 the shop change. Obviously with the unannounced change (thx bb, dont remember that happening b4), I'm left with only a huge pile of ggc thats no use atm!
    The time of the change was announced when the new voting system was introduced:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    After the voting time has run out, the new items will become available in the "Guild Market" category at the merchant.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    While we discussed the suggestion of a "grace period" in this feedback thread, there were no plans to have one in this upcoming vote.
    Last edited by Madorosu; 27.01.18 at 16:19.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i missed that, being as its a new system it would have been nice to have some warning.

i still don't understand when the change will occur, how do we know when the voting will end? either I'm being dumb (as usual) and missing something obvious, or its too difficult for bb to put some kind of countdown/timer on the voting page!

ah ok i just saw the timer lol. fair enuff, u wouldn;t wanna make it stand out when u can hide it beside 2 big buttons... i still feel rather hard done by missing out on those medi packs, especially when its taken me so long to find that countdown after reading the previous post and scrutinising that window for 5 mins

while we're on the subject (there;'s always some1 picks up on a diff point on a post), why cant we see the voting % during a vote? thats far more interesting than seeing it for a vote that was ended 6 weeks ago
    Last edited by vigabrand; 27.01.18 at 19:37.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    With so much new content I think we need medi packs more than ever. With the advent of champions and skills most players want the Master Planner skill and be able to suicide those same gens.

I love all the new content and really appreciate BB's efforts, but u have created this situation and if many other players feel the same as me could u plz think about enabling us to buy them at a cheaper rate and not with gems.
    So basically not only do you want to exploit medipaks but you want to make 1up skill so useless that those of us who have put that skill on our generals are forced to lose millions of gems reskilling our generals so that they have a skill which is useful.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Pretty sure guild market change has been front page news in the past so it would have been nice to do it one last time with a warning that there would be no more of that type of news in the future.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    So basically not only do you want to exploit medipaks but you want to make 1up skill so useless that those of us who have put that skill on our generals are forced to lose millions of gems reskilling our generals so that they have a skill which is useful.
    Yes

The game has changed a lot over time. i'm not asking for any kind of exploit. I'd just like bb to consider an adjustment to suit game play as it is now.
    It's 1k gems to reskill, I have 1-Up on all my champs and yes if medi-packs were more easily available I would reskill "so that they have a skill which is useful."
    Last edited by vigabrand; 29.01.18 at 13:54.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes

The game has changed a lot over time. i'm not asking for any kind of exploit. I'd just like bb to consider an adjustment to suit game play as it is now.
    It's 1k gems to reskill, I have 1-Up on all my champs and yes if medi-packs were more easily available I would reskill "so that they have a skill which is useful."
    The nature of combat has not changed. It makes no difference If your new to adventures and can only do 1r blocks or if your a veteran player with a stable of generals doing as many sac waves as you can. You still have to wait for defeated generals to heal, thats as true today as it was 6 years ago. The limited availability of medipaks due to cost means they have never been part of normal game play, rather they are a last ditch solution for when time constraints allow for no other alternative means to be employed. Even if they was to be offered as you suggest they would only be available to the rich so would still not be part of normal game play. Besides where would the fun be in doing BK with 0 loses or Woodcutter with just 16 MS lost.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I see ur point about bk with 0 losses (and others u made in last comment), so unlimited medipacks is out of the question.

I'm not suggesting we should be able to buy them for 1gc. I think a higher cost is fair enuff, just an alternative to gems.

How about easier to buy, but limit use to 1 per adv, or put them in epic shop and limit purchase to 1 per week?
    Last edited by vigabrand; 30.01.18 at 10:07.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    1-up originally worked multiple times per adventure with a % chance at test server but was changed because it would allow the zero loss adventure crawling. I don't see any point making the same happen any easier again. If you want to do it then skill your generals with 1-up and the recovery time. I don't want to limit the use of the first aid as when things go wrong and you might actually need it for multiple generals when in a hurry (ie. failed block with 1d prem).

Reply to Thread