Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] General Skills Dev Blog

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] General Skills Dev Blog

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the General Skill Tree Dev Blog below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    A skill tree for generals was expected for quite some time now and i think you did a really good job with it. It has diversity and definitely offers advantages in all adventures we do. While i don't get the use of some ( rapid fire, sniper training, cleave) i think the rest are perfectly made to benefit all players regardless of level. I think a lot of players will have frustrations from not being able to fully skill all generals in the first week, i like the fact that this takes time and definitely choices and preferences will change with time.I think this is one of the best game upgrade/ improvement for some time now, thank you for all the hard work in making this happen!

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Can I say what a really good Dev Blog - I really enjoyed reading it, getting an insight into your thinking and how you took note of feedback in testing and changed things. I look forward to the new buffs mentioned - some come from loot, hopefully these will be from the co-op adventures or PVP giving more incentive for players to do these.

World
    Sandycove
    hmm, sorry but nothing for MOD !? Master of Defense, all skills are for the "attacks", have not understand is there anything for better blocking, aspecially for Elite troops...something like "if add units with highest HP, then the General gain 1 extra round in the battle" or similar... anyway, nice upgrades, ty and gl

World
    Northisle
    This is one of the best updates introduced to the game and i'm looking forward to the new buffs to globally affect the speed of generals.
    I been playing for 6 years now and remeber the earlly talks of introducing this, it's good to finally see it here. From my part i will say: Thank you very much for this update.

World
    Newfoundland
    Great dev blog!

This is a good update and will be interesting to see how everyone skills up the generals.

Nice to see the combat explained in the the archive too!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafarona View Post
    hmm, sorry but nothing for MOD !? Master of Defense, all skills are for the "attacks", have not understand is there anything for better blocking, aspecially for Elite troops...something like "if add units with highest HP, then the General gain 1 extra round in the battle" or similar... anyway, nice upgrades, ty and gl
    From forum.tsotesting.com/threads/22533 - General´s special skills..
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex, 21.03.17
    maybe, just maybe give new traits to existing generals like Dracul, Reaper and Master of Defence to increase their value.
    Spoiler
    My suggestion in that thread..
    • Master of Defence = (every round) uses half of (remaining) hitpoints to absorb damage from enemies
    • Lord Dracul = (every round) uses half of (remaining) hitpoints to deal extra damage to enemies
    • Grim Reaper = (every round) recover XX% lost units in battle (even enemies) temporary into your army as fighting skeletons
    • Log = increases minimum attack damage of bowmen by XX
    • Stronghelmet/Bighelmet = decreases damage from enemy swift units by XX%
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 17.05.17 at 19:06.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafarona View Post
    The skills which reduce the time attack generals need to destroy a camp effectively give the Mod more time relative to the attack without the need to use books.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Can you please add an inbuilt jog skill to Quartermasters, I like all my ants to run to the storehouse at same speed please.

Overall this is a great update, I mentioned elsewhere Taverns and Mods should have their own skill tree's with at least a few defensive ability's. I also think it's slightly farcical that some people are having to do 40+ goes at getting a manuscript recipe (not myself) and the quest that requires you to make a codex first should be down graded to make a tome.

I sincerely hope that there is not going to be some future balancing of skills without a free re-spec of skills books, but we'll see.

Keep up the good work BB think this update gave the game a shot in the arm.

Almost forgot, please remove the silly crystal quest that requires you to pay 2 manuscripts.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 18.05.17 at 00:10.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Almost forgot, please remove the silly crystal quest that requires you to pay 2 manuscripts.
    +1, had this this morning, great timing
    Have fun!

Reply to Thread