Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where is the balance in the rebalance?

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove

Where is the balance in the rebalance?

High level weapons chains are now important; I can see that was a goal and can understand the motivations behind it.

so…

Why are settlers, brew and horses now in such abundance as to render those chains obsolete?

It makes no sense to me. To make one set of work yards purposeful, you make another lot pointless.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Sandycove
    indeed...

the loots should be more oriented around the chains that make those weapons.. coal & ore refills and titanium (without touching the ever-needed granite and exotic wood!!!)

...and leave the salt drop as it was, far too much already - your rebalancing never touched that did it?

World
    Newfoundland
    Or better yet just leave weapons in loot but off less per drop.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Some players only do loot spots, by your argument the settler loot should be dropped to a chance of 1 settler.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Some players only do loot spots, by your argument the settler loot should be dropped to a chance of 1 settler.
    now where above are you reading that as being said? The words mentioned were "in abundance", not dropped to the amount of troops killed per adventure. And I believe Baahhhhjjjaaa meant keep weapons in, but just less of them in future...
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 06.12.14 at 08:37.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    High level weapons chains are now important; I can see that was a goal and can understand the motivations behind it.

so…

Why are settlers, brew and horses now in such abundance as to render those chains obsolete?

It makes no sense to me. To make one set of work yards purposeful, you make another lot pointless.

Did you mean brew or bread? cause I doubt lower level players (without friary's) have to much brew.

If you meant bread +1 to all you say

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    try doing fairytales, i can assure you you won't have enough bread or brew.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    hmm....i had an abundance of brew/bread doing ft's for past few months of doing them and still have.....
    what BB have done in there rebalancing is remove weapons and now give up pinewood/hardwood logs/copper/settlers/bread and brew.....i have all of these already so now whats the point of doing adv to get another 500-1000 copper...1000 pinewood....650 hardwood....600 meat and 500 bread ???..i still aint made any cannons/damas cause i dont lose any.....
    its seems to me just replacing iron/steel sword with meat/meat refill is pointless.....but its what a expected from BB as they are imcompetent at 99.9% of the stuff they do

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    try doing fairytales, i can assure you you won't have enough bread or brew.
    What for? the 35k beans I already have from FTs (I'm not one of the big traders, I earned all my beans) are useless, there's nothing new to buy. I have over 1m bread, brew and horses and the market for them has collapsed. My friaries and stables are paused, I'm deleting bakeries and still replacing settlers with loots and schoolhouses so no need for bread. My single fisherman fishes a 1m deposit, while fish farms do all the work without requiring bread. I would convert settlers, brew and horses to cavalry, but the barracks is ridiculously slow and, let's face it, now RB drops witch towers, there is absolutely no point in killing 1000c in DB anymore. Way to go BB, really well thought out rebalance</sarcasm>
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    In case of non-FTs and abundance of settlers we must not forget that there are plenty of people who dont block and/or have only 200 gens and/or (heaven forbid) dont use guides. bet they dont complain about abundance of settlers.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 10.12.14 at 20:11.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread