Reply to Thread

Thread: Complete troop setting import functionality for generals

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Complete troop setting import functionality for generals

SUGGESTION:
    Create a "troop import" where we can just copy+paste troop setups and they are automatically assigned to the general.
    Less tedious clicking, setting, no more misclicking, gone are the irritations of losing battles because of wrong troop count.

Motivation
    Many guides offer complete troop setups for adventures in the setup
    Camp X - 70 Recruit, 180 Cavalry, 20 Cannon

For example, the standard json form (machine readible) could be used: {"recruits": 70,"cavalry": 180, "cannoneer": 20 }

Let us simply paste a complete troop assignment string into one of the input fields where we can set troop amounts and upon exiting the field, the game will parse the string. If the string can be parsed and the troops can be assigned, the order assignment is completed.

Otherwise, we simply get informed "Assignment could not be completed."

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry but the last thing it would do is prevent lost battles because of wrong troop count, it's even easier to select the wrong troops from a guide than assigning them manually as it is now, due to the fact that it's less mouse clicks.

Also not all guides are in the same format, what about still useful but abandoned guides.

However with all that said I would welcome such additional functionality.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Sorry but the last thing it would do is prevent lost battles because of wrong troop count, it's even easier to select the wrong troops from a guide than assigning them manually as it is now, due to the fact that it's less mouse clicks.
    I agree.
    However with all that said I would welcome such additional functionality.
    I disagree.
    I'd rather see fully functionality in what's already implemented than some additional functions just for nobrainer solutions.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Also not all guides are in the same format, what about still useful but abandoned guides.
    I do agree and understand that past guides are not "all in the same format", but this is something which could be remedied easily.
    There are some guide sites which are still in use, and when they add API functionality, then useful guides could be converted there.

Otherwise, we could argue that no progress can ever be made by humanity, because before something is innovated, people aren't using it.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I disagree.
    I'd rather see fully functionality in what's already implemented than some additional functions just for nobrainer solutions.
    While I tend to agree with you on getting existing features to work, a very simple and easy "five liner addition" that you are free to use or discard is a completely different thing.
    Your statement would translate to: "Shut down suggestion forum until the bugs are out"?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    While I tend to agree with you on getting existing features to work, a very simple and easy "five liner addition" that you are free to use or discard is a completely different thing.
    Your statement would translate to: "Shut down suggestion forum until the bugs are out"?
    Nope, but have you noticed how nice and smooth this game has become?
    A very simple "five liner addition" for you, as user, needs a lot of code to safely handle the input...and yeah, then we have the lag..
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 14.10.15 at 08:22.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Lol, cut and paste troops from guides? May as well let corona, tage, evil_j etc login and play for you.

Reply to Thread