Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Egg Tree - Cost Per Use

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Egg Tree - Cost Per Use

Yeh, so the cost of the egg tree, seems a tad like over the top?

500x Oil, 300x Crystal, 5000x Coin, 5000x Cloth, 100x Kettle

The x300 Crystals alone, seems completely bonkers?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    seeing i get enough from explorers usually, this is not an attractive item at this pricing

and agree, the biggest bottleneck in this is crystals -

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Also, does anybody know if the buff must be started before explorers are sent OR can it be started minutes before return?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    According to the CM on test it has to be applied before. But the CM on test provided contradictory information on if the tree had any effect on any search lasting longer than 48 hours.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DorotheusII View Post
    According to the CM on test it has to be applied before. But the CM on test provided contradictory information on if the tree had any effect on any search lasting longer than 48 hours.
    Many of the explorers last longer than 48 hours, so that info included makes it easy to decide, it is a very expensive ornament, and I am really not a fan of items with only ornamental value.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Really kicking myself over buying this. Double event collectibles sounded great & I didn't look into the cost. 300 crystals. I use up mine daily. Well I thought I'll make them - I've plenty of beantrees so I bought a load of oiltree seeds. Once again I didn't read up properly & thought they would make crystals, not shards. Incredibly slow & expensive. Would take me many weeks beyond the event to make 300 crystals. A lot of this is my fault for not concentrating BUT really how can this be attractive except to BB as a means to trick players into spending gems?
    SO I've got a pretty ornament which cost me 10K gems.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosejane View Post
    Really kicking myself over buying this. Double event collectibles sounded great & I didn't look into the cost. 300 crystals. I use up mine daily. Well I thought I'll make them - I've plenty of beantrees so I bought a load of oiltree seeds. Once again I didn't read up properly & thought they would make crystals, not shards. Incredibly slow & expensive. Would take me many weeks beyond the event to make 300 crystals. A lot of this is my fault for not concentrating BUT really how can this be attractive except to BB as a means to trick players into spending gems?
    SO I've got a pretty ornament which cost me 10K gems.
    Really not too bad. 21 days to reuse, but the kicker is that it is very beneficial during events. So not overly concerned about the crystals as I will get more than 300 between events and still have enough to get the ventures that drop gems.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    you need to start it before sending explorers, and they need to return in that 48h window, that note from description: "However, if Explorers are out on a search when the buff expires, their event resources upon returning will still be affected by the Egg Hunt bonus." is not working, those send before buff expires and returning later wont bring anything extra, and, some people in chat said that some returned even w/out base. So bugged new stuff.

World
    Newfoundland
    I too was lured by the pretty tree and the 300 crystals got me. I gamble as soon as I get my crystals, but the tree does look pretty by my Mayors house, I might just try to save my crystals to be able to see during an Event how useful it is.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by First_Lord View Post
    you need to start it before sending explorers, and they need to return in that 48h window, that note from description: "However, if Explorers are out on a search when the buff expires, their event resources upon returning will still be affected by the Egg Hunt bonus." is not working, those send before buff expires and returning later wont bring anything extra, and, some people in chat said that some returned even w/out base. So bugged new stuff.
    Just to confirm the problem with explorers sent while the buff is active returning after the buff end still exists, they do not bring back any extra rewards. (As of the football event 2023). Worked very nicely while the buff was active.

Reply to Thread