Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Scouting Post

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    Really cant see why the complaints 20%, 50% or 10% does i matter? its free xp for doing nothing more then you would be doing if you didnt have it...from what i can tell and has been said here numerous times its based off base xp which would of been the easiest way BB could calculate the bonus then comes all the other skills etc that change xp.. also i gather based on base xp
    It's not completely free XP. The cost of the strongest buff is rather high compared to the current 20% which in reality yields less. If the building would be smaller and the costs cheaper then maybe no one would complain, or except the ones who don't use the other 2d cooldown buildings either

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    It's not completely free XP. The cost of the strongest buff is rather high compared to the current 20% which in reality yields less. If the building would be smaller and the costs cheaper then maybe no one would complain, or except the ones who don't use the other 2d cooldown buildings either
    yes you are right there is the buff costs but to me there so low compared to the xp i can gain that i didnt even think of it

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up

Really cant see why the complaints 20%, 50% or 10% does i matter? its free xp for doing nothing more then you would be doing if you didnt have it...from what i can tell and has been said here numerous times its based off base xp which would of been the easiest way BB could calculate the bonus then comes all the other skills etc that change xp.. also i gather based on base xp
    +1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    "These people" - Well will just say to her royal highness that the conclusion is that this building is too complicated to make me clap my hands.
    I dont really care what it is 50% of. What I do care about is that I play to relax - not my kind of fun to have to stupdy in detail how a building works to be able to use it. When people are unsure even after reading what it says on the building and reading forum,- it might be that something is wrong with buildings description and not with "these people".
    Maybe make the whole function more simple so even "these people" can understand how it works.
    In my opinion it's unreasonable to say that something is flawed when your interpretation of the information is flawed. And if you think that playing Settlers at a high level of efficiency doesn't require some detailed understanding and calculation then I am impressed. Because personally I need a battle calculator (when you seem to be saying you should be able to just glance at the troops and know exactly what will happen without having to work it out) and that you understand what the formula is to determine the exact 12 hour rate of production for a building (which btw is ProdPerCycle * (TRUNC(43200/((TRUNC(RateOfProd)*60)+(MOD(RateOfProd,1)*100))))

Should anyone except crazy people like me that have calculated the output of their economy to the exact number care about that formula? Nope - that's ridiculous. But to complain that I'm not getting the correct 12 hour output I better have an understanding of how it's calculated.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello, Settlers!

We know many of you have had questions about The Scouting Post. Please check out the new Scouting Post FAQ in the Anniversary Event Dev Diary!

Kind regards,

BB_Acadma

World
    Sandycove
    any chance the scouting post default can be set to the last production used? For many of us, I am sure, this will be the same level of adventure we used it at last time. It's bad enough trying to remember to start the buff BEFORE the adventure starts at the moment..

For example, I last used it on MCC venture so I had to set it to Strong Combat Intel - it is this setting I wish for it to remain on when I next go to use it.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I dont really care what it is 50% of. What I do care about is that I play to relax - not my kind of fun to have to stupdy in detail how a building works to be able to use it. When people are unsure even after reading what it says on the building and reading forum,- it might be that something is wrong with buildings description and not with "these people".
    Maybe make the whole function more simple so even "these people" can understand how it works.
    You don't need to study it very much at all:
    • Check difficulty level of adventure you wish to play.
    • Activate appropriate buff in Scouting Post.
    • Start (and play) adventure
    It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that, but if the buff is still running when you finish your adventure then you can add:
    • Start (and play) another adventure within the difficulty range of the buff you chose.
    • Repeat until buff runs out.
    I'm confident that there will be thousands upon thousands of players worldwide doing exactly this and quite happily enjoying the extra experience with little or no concern for exactly how much, instead of getting wound up about the minutiae of how it is calculated.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    You don't need to study it very much at all:
    • Check difficulty level of adventure you wish to play.
    • Activate appropriate buff in Scouting Post.
    • Start (and play) adventure
    It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that, but if the buff is still running when you finish your adventure then you can add:
    • Start (and play) another adventure within the difficulty range of the buff you chose.
    • Repeat until buff runs out.
    I'm confident that there will be thousands upon thousands of players worldwide doing exactly this and quite happily enjoying the extra experience with little or no concern for exactly how much, instead of getting wound up about the minutiae of how it is calculated.
    Count me as one of those players every extra nugget of xp i can get is gratefully received on my quest to pathfinder

World
    Newfoundland
    Count me as one of those players every extra nugget of xp i can get is gratefully received on my quest to pathfinder
    me too

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Revised 50% scouting post is more improved. Previously doing a cutter I got 204k (before prem), with 20% post it was 218k, now its 239k. Princess, EvilJ CoA skills V2, with tweaks to use Mary to the max : Previously (before prem) 746k, with 20% trading post 843k, with new 50% post its 964.5k. Very impressive 218.5k improvement (plus prem)!

Reply to Thread