Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What would you do next ???

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

What would you do next ???

I was buffing stuff and when I tried to use a 'Lucky Rabbit Charm' buff on a titanium mine all 60+ buffs of that type were taken from my star and to make it worse the mine didn't get buffed either.

So there it is, over 60 'Lucky Rabbit Charm' buffs are lost in an instant.

> What would YOU do next ??? <

(reboots and cache cleaning all done regularly so no, they wont re-appear)

World
    Newfoundland
    send a ticket to support
    at best, they can get your buffs back
    at worst, there is a game bug that needs fixing
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

World
    Sandycove
    I thought maybe somehow you deleted them by accident but you can't even try to delete a Lucky Rabbit and even if you could there's a confirmation window so I can't imagine how it could have happened.
    I use those often (but I can't say for sure when was the last time) and I've never had a problem. Now I'm scared to use them
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Support ticket was my first thought to get a fair resolution to this issue.
    The answers I got from "The Settlers Online" Support Team were NOT helpful at all.

Sooo, any guesses as to what their reply was to this issue ??

(am I allowed to post the replies from support? (no names))

World
    Sandycove
    You cannot post replies from support, edited or not.
    Based on your general tone I would guess they didn't give you the help you were looking for. Sorry bout that.

I can't think of anything to explain it unfortunately. I've had a few missing gems (not a big amount, just a few) but without records like screen shots I honestly can't be sure myself so I just accepted it as either my memory or a glitch. But in your case that kind of loss I would definitely be sure about.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    100% agree it's all too often difficult to be sure without records but this time I was using the item and saw it dissapear.
    A look at my account must show the items there then all gone in an instant and players cannot delete these buffs.

Support offered no help at all and are ignoring my replies now so the ticket will be closed just like previous tickets.
    Closed with no resolution or offer of help.

Sad

[edited to correct spelling]
    Last edited by gibbletz; 18.10.18 at 00:02.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletz View Post
    Support offered no help at all and are ignoring my replies now so the ticket will be closed just like previous tickets.
    Closed with no resolution or offer of help.
    Your expectations are unrealistic. In a free game a single player experiencing a very small glitch cannot expect a developer to spend valuable time searching through the server records, there are much more important things to do.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    Your expectations are unrealistic. In a free game a single player experiencing a very small glitch cannot expect a developer to spend valuable time searching through the server records, there are much more important things to do.
    How do you know this player has never purchased gems - you cannot call it a free game on a whim...

Your response is unreal, the player deserves more investigation into the issue, whether they have paid gems or not.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    How do you know this player has never purchased gems - you cannot call it a free game on a whim...
    It is a free game, you can play without purchasing gems :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    Your response is unreal, the player deserves more investigation into the issue, whether they have paid gems or not.
    Can you explain why BB would direct expensive and scarce resources to investigate a tiny glitch that has not stopped game play and only affected a single player?

World
    Sandycove
    I will let BB respond to that - but if they want to keep loyal players, it is in their interest to investigate further; which they already know.

In the meantime, I will be keeping an eye on all my buffs to ensure I don't have the same prob as gibbletz.
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 18.10.18 at 12:52.

Reply to Thread