Reply to Thread

Thread: slots machine

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

slots machine

Why dont we have a slots machine that takes gold coin, guild coins or gems. Obviously depending on what resource you use you will get the chance to win better items. At the moment all we have are the mystery crate and the tricis supply crate which seems over priced for what you usually get from them. At least this way players of all levels and whatever funds they use for gems or not get a chance to win something.
    And before anybody says about gambling that is exactly what your are doing buying the above two items.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    there is very strict laws governing gambling for a start 18+ which this game isnt

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Take it you never read what i put underneath. We ARE already gambling with the 2 mystery boxes as when you buy them you are taking the risk of what you get,if that is not gambling tell me what it is. you and your very strict laws do not appear to be working very well. Any game of chance is gambling no matter which way you look at it.
    Last edited by chelseamick; 17.03.14 at 00:14.

World
    Newfoundland
    There are important differences between gambling and gaming. I will not go into the differences here as they are already explained on the internet and would take up too much of your time here. Suffice to say that one-armed bandits and poker are, by strict definition, gambling. Boxes of chance, as offered in game, come under the definition of gaming.

As this is a PEGI 7 rated game, then games of chance are allowed but gambling isn't.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Without getting bogged into the pros and cons of a slot machine and whether or not it's gambling rather than gaming, I think the idea itself has merit. Instead of the slot machine, why not keep the idea and just change the vehicle. There's no reason why there couldn't be tiered mystery boxes available for gc, ggc or gems with different bands of reward. We have basic, intermediate and advanced buildings, why couldn't there be the same with mystery resource/adv crates?

The point was to offer players of different levels the opportunity to 'buy' a random item. I think this idea has potential!

As an aside, I would love to know how this game got Pegi-7 rating and more specifically whether that's revised with new content, because the actual mechanics of the game: the strategy, the economy etc all appear to me to be pitched well higher than age 7, not to mention the obvious language barrier which trips almost everyone up on the 'have a production of at least 0'... is there a thread about this somewhere? Happy to be redirected to somewhere more appropriate to discuss.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jimmian I don't think the game is aimed at 7 year olds. But if I was sitting here playing while my 7 year old son/daughter/neice/nephew was beside me I can be confident in the fact there will be no swearing or rude gestures coming up in chat. Or a rude or offensive image will not appear in the game.

Reply to Thread