Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Geologist restart

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove

Geologist restart

Three geologist started at approx. 10:30 to find iron ore deposits. I've look the remaining time approx. 11:15, was everything right. Now (11:55) time remaining 35 minutes at all of them, iron ore deposits are not found... What going on? Not the first case...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    same here, had 30 min till found iron ore. loged out and loged in 40 min after to find 45min remaining i seems to be broken with iron only

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Happens with all kinds of resources... I've had geologists looking for coal and gold that's taken 6-7 hours.
    I suspect the bug is the same as (or at least related to) the one that resets the timers for production cycles, as reported for the pumpkin fields here.

Any chance BB could acknowledge this?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB has acknowledge that to a support ticket i filled, they suggested i wouldnt log off will the geologist searches.
    And another similar problem, was that he came empty because too many deposits of this type exist, where of course i had collapsed mines...
    (and yes i had already refreshed etc, it was not falsy showing collpased mine)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can confirm that this problem is still very much occurring.

Send geologist to any resource then log out or shut down machine and then approximately every 1 in 10 times when you log back in the geologist timer will be reset back to the full time it takes for that particular resource.

I also expect this happens with many types of buildings but I haven't got any conclusive information yet to report that one.

There are other times this happens which I've experienced as well, see here

Also when leaving an adventure island or going to one when you have just sent a general but the general hasn't yet set of as the camp is still being dismantled, often when going back the timer for the journey is reset back to the start.

So far we have three identified problems with timers being reset.

1: Geologist Timers
    2: Pumpkin Field Timers - Which I also belive affects other buildings
    3: General Timers

For one I'd like to see these timer problems resolved soon, as we all know this game is slow as it is and I really don't want to have to contend with bug that makes it even slower.

E.g. I sent 2 normal geologists to find coal, I then logged in 4 hours later and the timers had reset, not funny at all.
    Last edited by Stormridder; 17.01.13 at 16:49.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Send two geologist out for marble, at least 1 and maybe 2 hours ago. They'll be finished in 10 minutes....

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    hi there. i want to report a rather annoying bug.
    this happens when i'm on an adventure. i let my explorers search for new iron ore deposits. when i go to my adventure island, and then go back to my main island, the search time from the explorers resets completely. setting the timers back to 30 minutes (fast explorers). the same thing happends when i send my generals to the adventure island. if i send them (slow generals), after 20-25 minutes, i'm going to the adventure island myself. when the new adventure map is loaded, i check my star menu, and the traveling time of the generals has been reset to 30 minutes again. as if the countdown only starts when i visit the adventure island. i takes me 1 hour to send 1 general this way. and also double the time needed to find deposits on my island, because of the switching between my island and the adventure island. reloading the game doesn't help, because this isn't the first time I've noticed this bug. i would appreciate it, if this is being looked at.

extra info;
    running the game in Chrome on a win7 machine.
    adventure; bandits nest

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I had my explorers (3 savage scouts, 3 normal explorers) gain an extra 3 hours or so on short adventure hunts yesterday.

Not the first time I've seen it but this time I sent my savage scouts around 9:15am (short adv search -12 hours) and they didnt return until around 1am.
    My normal explorers were also delayed, they got sent out at around 1:30pm and at 6pm had only been "searching" for 3 hours so had 21 hours remaining.

Similar bug to the geologist one

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sometimes see the timer acting strange when you 1st start an adventure, for instance a 2 day adv delays in popping up, and when it does, there's a day and a half left, not the full amount.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm having the same issue with my explorers: yesterday i sent them out for a long treasure search, which lasts 1 day, at somewhere between 21h and 22h. Now i checked back and they're still on themove for more than 2 hours (23h50)

I also started upgrading a marble mason from lvl 3 to 4 around that same time (which should take 1 day). It's at 90% now

Reply to Thread