Reply to Thread

Thread: Special Soldier Rewards - Any Idea What They Do?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

Special Soldier Rewards - Any Idea What They Do?

So I have the below as a quest reward....
    My question is If I add them to a garrison does the garrison have to be empty or can I use on a full Vet to make an additional 100 troops inside so for 1 adventure I get a 300 or 350 capacity Vet?

Any ideas as I dont want to waste them?

Cheers
    fish

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    they are for : Assign military units to garnizon
    and : Attention: Units will be hired for only one adventure and will not be transferred to your home zone after the adventure.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    ^^ mmmm, Am I being stupid or are you just looking to get your post count up?

It would make sense to respond to the post not the title....
    My questions were;

1) If I add them to a garrison does the garrison have to be empty or can I use on a full Vet to make an additional 100 troops inside so for 1 adventure I get a 300 or 350 capacity Vet?

2) Any ideas as I don't want to waste them?

I already referenced that you add them to a garrison and for 1 adventure only as did the text in the picture.

Does anyone have any actual experience of using them and do they give your general extra troops to fight with?

World
    Newfoundland
    I wish I could answer you but I'm not there yet. But I'm guessing it's only when you have 150 units in your vet. and do top up as 250 is the limit. You can either send a ticket about that or we can ask BB to respond to this thread. Imo, keep them, maybe you will be able to use them in PvP when it comes? who knows?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    They look like the Mercenaries mentioned a Dev Diary ago: "Mercenaries (approx. Oct *cough*). Mercenaries will be troops that you can purchase and use on an adventure island. They are “disposable” which means that they will not return to your homeland once used." Dev Diary July-August 2012

I'd also guess they can't be used to make a Super General but beyond that I'm afraid I got nuthin' either.

Edit: Jinkies, that looks even less helpful typed out... sorry. o.0

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    ^^ mmmm, Am I being stupid or are you just looking to get your post count up?

It would make sense to respond to the post not the title....
    My questions were;

1) If I add them to a garrison does the garrison have to be empty or can I use on a full Vet to make an additional 100 troops inside so for 1 adventure I get a 300 or 350 capacity Vet?

2) Any ideas as I don't want to waste them?

I already referenced that you add them to a garrison and for 1 adventure only as did the text in the picture.

Does anyone have any actual experience of using them and do they give your general extra troops to fight with?
    You are stupid

These mercenaries can be added to a garrison if that garrison have room for them. So no, you cannot add another 50 soldiers to a veteran general that already has 250 troops assigned to him.

And these troops will leave you at the end of an adventure if they are not all dead.

It is basically free troops that you do not have to train using resources in the barracks.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    As Dragavon said, they are just to be added to a General who has room for them, so basically you have a reserve of troops in your star menu for that particular adv.
    Quite useful if you get caught close to the time limit, and need that extra punch in a hurry.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Anyone know if they will also available in future?
    For example, can we recruit them in tavern or somewhere and we can use them instead of our Recruit/militia/soldier?So we do not need produce them but only pay an amount of resouces?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe a consideration after all the packs are sold, but would still rather see some bug-fixing first, and replacing the Sinclair ZX80 that seems to double as a server.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread