Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 25/11/2014

World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Change Log - 25/11/2014

The Change Log for this feedback thread can be found here.

Thank you!

BB_Ravel

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    For some buildings, the production cycle will be 50% faster during this time

So will this throw out all the production cycles for the smelters etc as the faster buildings will need twice the amount of resources normally needed?

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    i can't believe, pls can you employ 10 years kid? he is 10x smarter than all bb togethert

you can't do production 50% faster, you only can increase output by 1 per level

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    It might be like the geologists that found resources 20% quicker. Only that was bugged so we can expect the buildings to take twice as long and use twice the resources for the same output?

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Where do I begin?

First I am glad that nearly 3 years of waiting for PvP is over. Whilst I am pretty disappointed with what has been on the test server, I cautiously welcome any new content. Doubtless there will be the usual situation regarding the new version and the glitches and bugs that seem always to accompany new stuff, but I'm prepared to wait till it's settled and then maybe try it.

However what has really annoyed me is the changes to the existing adventures. The reasoning behind which seems to be about spinning out the shelf life of the game (understandable). I get it. I get that the only weapons anyone made in bulk were bronze swords and that that was clearly an issue. Setting aside the issue of why it has taken 3 years to recognise and fix this, my real concern is that these changes are still not common knowledge amongst players who will wake up to find a very different game. You yourself have told me in G1 on Sandycove that the voices on the forum are a small minority of players, but extrapolate that… if the majority of posters on the forum are unhappy, what does that suggest about the overall population of players? There will be a lot of very surprised, unhappy voices. What does it say about the way changes are communicated? If the forum is not representative why have feedback threads at all? If the majority of players don't use it, why is it the primary means of sharing updates? Now they're taking out the change logs at log-in! so now the communication is WORSE!

This change log mentions NOTHING about the changes to the existing adventures, NOTHING about the changes to the resource drops (be honest: it's not just about the weapons, it's about the granite too) NOTHING about the removal of adventures from the merchant and the repricing of some key adventures to gems only.

It's sad that the overwhelmingly negative feedback has been disregarded as unrepresentative. Next Tuesday morning there will be a lot of very upset players.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Sandycove
    you have 15 pages of feedback here http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-PvP-Dev-Diary yet BB choose not to respond to it..
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 17.11.14 at 17:22. Reason: changed phrasing

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation About BB feedback

BB never really responses at forums on regions where they have no dev/design/tech/etc team. (no offense to BB_Ravel who can't do much other than pass info between us and BB head team).

Polish forums had BB_xaar for long time, year or two very active at their forums giving feedback and inside info about various things. You can still find good info if you look at his old posts with chrome translator. He has been now replaced by a CM, BB_Teromort who is very inactive there so one good source for info is dead.

Germans still have BB_Pandur at their forums who is very active (daily) and has always inside info or good info generally about game and upcoming things or current problems and their solutions. Not too long ago they also got another addition to their team BB_Orowa, who posted during _weekend_ that they will have internal meeting about nearly overwhelming response about latest dev diary.

At test server we had BB_kaurkal (was also Arabic region/servers CM/GM) who sometimes gave at least some info about test progress, features etc. but he resigned or changed team and test forum has now abandoned by BB for weeks.

If you want info you always go to the main source with google/chrome translator, zee German forumz and click find all posts by BB_Pandur or BB_Orowa.

BB_Ravel can't give us any other feedback to us than she gets from the BB hq. Also can't do much other than pass our feedback to them and it probably gets filtered, summarized etc by some intern there and is probably just white noise to the head team cause there are over 10-20 other regions with CM's doing the same.

Last thing... if you watched the BB backstage video about PvP and saw the section where they talked about valuing feedback, guess whos post they show in the video and guess what happened to the closed beta forums, player feedback and BB activity there...

I wonder when my head is chopped off or island gets locked or reset to lvl 1

edit: one of my last post at closed included this pic which fit the situation well (a bit risky)

Last edited by Mannerheim; 17.11.14 at 18:30.

World
    Sandycove
    Lmao

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post

This change log mentions NOTHING about the changes to the existing adventures, NOTHING about the changes to the resource drops (be honest: it's not just about the weapons, it's about the granite too) NOTHING about the removal of adventures from the merchant and the repricing of some key adventures to gems only.
    or are we to believe this has not been mentioned because BB are now rethinking on how best to adjust the loot and have decided to omit this update for now?

Can we have clarity on this point please?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    On a more positive note, I would hope to find the price of bronze swords dropping considerably. Useless, but at least very cheap.

Reply to Thread