Reply to Thread

Thread: Inactive Guilds

World
    Sandycove

Inactive Guilds

Hi!

I've been reading up on how guilds work and it seems like theres no system like this in here, at least to my knowledge so im gonna go ahead and suggest it.

I think there's many inactive guilds out there, ive been checking through the roster and they are pretty old with very few players, it seems like a bit of a mess and it might be not so pleasant for new players.

I suggest a system where after certain amount of time if guild is inactive, it simply is disbanded. Now i already know theres a succession system, but if none of the players in succession order are active then it seems like it would just keep looping over and over and then we basically get a potential inactive guild just being out there in a roster without a purpose. Maybe someone would like to name their guild the way someone else already has but that guild is inactive? And overall imo it's just a pain scrolling through all the guilds.

Correct me if im wrong or scold me if the idea is bad for whatever good reason !
    Thanks for reading

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I suggested the same here
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I signed in, on this lovely sunny morning, said good morning in guildchat and opened my mail.
    Between the explorers findings i caught 2 mail. 1 was from a guildmember, she almost killed me by saying bye in the subject :O It was just a notification of her absence for a week
    Then there was one saying *important offer for your guild* Now that's interesting. I opened the mail, started reading and almost spit out my precious coffee.

The name of our guild is Frantic Lunatics and, like the name, we are at a certain level of insanity. It's our identity and we are proud of it.
    Now if we merge, where is our identity ? I don't see any crazyness or a sign of it in your guildname !
    Then there's my officers. How do i tell my officer, in charge of the kick button, he's no longer allowed to do it. I know he is excited as soon as he spots inactives and he can use it. It will break his heart.
    And how about my lottery officer, she's one mean kiwi lady. She won't be happy if we don't have our regular lotteries anymore.
    And our members...
    The Night Crew, The Silent Group, The Most Actives, The Old and Senile ones, oh wait we are all old and senile...
    We currently have 27 members and some inactives due to vacation, work elsewhere and real life. Summer has always been like that.
    But we know each other.
    If we merge and end up in a guild with 100 members, it won't be our guild any longer. We will vanish in a huge crowd and don't say it's not like that.
    Been there, done that and it is the main reason why we keep it small and simple
    Just because we are small, it does not mean we are an inactive guild. We are very much alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galawan View Post
    I think there's many inactive guilds out there, ive been checking through the roster and they are pretty old with very few players
    Seeing this topic and the one in guild recruitment, i couldn't help but wonder if you wrote to every small guild, thinking *oh small group, must be half inactive*
    So i decided to reply here instead of the mail ingame

Of course i dropped your mail, a part of it, in guildchat
    a few replies : *or is it just pride in saying you are in a big guild lol - sorry I've never quite worked out the purpose of the game other than having fun*
    *you get more guild coins and arguments*
    Discussion closed

Thank you for your offer, but it's a big no
    If you ever decide a small guild is for you and you apply, please do write a mail, as our front page says
    have a nice day !

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Well put inyi, the fact that a guild is small does not mean it is inactive; just as the fact that a guild is large means that it can be deemed active. Many small guilds contain tight-knit groups of close friends who like each others company/chat rather than discussing fish platters, cookies for mods etc on g-1. Also many large guilds are still packed with inactive accounts simply to be able to say they are on the first page of the guild list, even though it costs all the active guild members they have hundreds of guild coins a week.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It does not matter if we think a guild is inactive or not, BB has the information on if a guild is inactive or not.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    I wonder why you want to disband other people's guild whether they are active or not. Are they a burden to the server performance or do they steal your money?

Reply to Thread