Reply to Thread

Thread: useless noble residence upgrade

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

useless noble residence upgrade

Hello everyone,
    I just noticed one interesting thing about noble residences. Now when noble residence is possible to trade it is completely useless to upgrade then to the level 4. The problem is that it gives you just +10 settlers capacity, but it cost you 1000 gc (marble is not important). For such prices it is possible to buy 2 noble residences (current prices on Newfoundland) and it seems that the prices are going just down so later maybe it would be to buy even 3 for 1000gc. Anyway with 2 noble residences upgraded to level 3 it gives you +100 settlers capacity. The most important thing is that it doesn't cost player any building licence. I just managed to replace in such way all my normal licenced noble residences with the traded ones and it didn't cost me even a gem. So in my opinion somewhere in game it is possible to get noble residences very easily, that the prices in coins are such low (maybe just price in gems are too low .. hard to say). I leave deep analysis to you ;-)

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Upgrading to level 3 and moving on makes a lot of sense for most players, certainly while you slowly work on building up your island.
    But at you add more and more things to your island, you have a new 'currency' you need to worry yourself about. Space. Eventually you'll start to run low on space, and as it increases in value in your head that 1000 gold will start to look less and less important.

A low percentage of players will ever get to that point of course, but that's about it. Real estate has value too.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah, I run out of space so my only option is to upgrade, it would have been nice if it had given +20 at lvl5 though

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    Yeah, I run out of space so my only option is to upgrade, it would have been nice if it had given +20 at lvl5 though
    +1

Reply to Thread