Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentine buff not working

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Got a good one here, played 2 TR's simultaneously, the 1st gave the x2 loot, the 2nd (about 5 min after) didn't, lol, over 2 hrs still running on the buffs, didn't refresh or anything, lol, I'm lost for words...

I have played about 10 x 2nd thief with swap every time & to guarantee x2 loot I've had to place the cards myself like Grums suggested, but if u adv 6 hrs a day you would need 18 cards made, that's a lot of nibs etc.

I'm assuming when this was tested the x2 loot never came into question & for the 1st couple of days of the event there was barely a prob apart from the lag build up with so many returning players.

To admit a mistake now & throw another hotfix during the event would make BB look catastrophically bad! Problem is their own country's servers are making waves cause of this, the old saying of never (go to the toilet) where u sleep. < acceptable wording. lol.
    Last edited by MutantKid; 25.02.19 at 19:41. Reason: more info

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumsi View Post
    It is very important to buff yourself. Did you buff yourself?
    It doesn't matter if u buffer your self or not. Guildie of mine done ToK run out of time before completing apply herself a buff and got single loot at the end. There is no rhyme or reason when it works and when it doesn't.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    There was plenty of proof that the buff is not working properly and this is a huge detriment to the whole event. Please all official accounts stop misleading the players and acknowledge the problem! I (and probably many others) have created a ticket more than 4 days ago and there is still no response, other than a request for a more concrete timeframe of my buff, which I provided (along with screenshots for two separate instances).

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoke View Post
    Valentine Buff worked every time for me friday and sunday (got twice the loot and refills on at least 30ish advs).
    It didn't work at all tuesday, saturday and today (monday). I'm starting to wonder if couldn't be a bug "odd day" (or "even day") related...
    It's confirmed, at least for me : today (thursday), buff is working fine. So it only works one every two days here.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    lets face it their stalling for time by blaming the players ...they have no idea whats caused the bug and the event is too short for them to be concerned over it. the time when they would of all over this has long passed so they will twiddle their collective thumbs for the next week then clock the event up as a raging success

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just ran 3 x second thief with cards on the fields. The first two I got double reward but for the third one I didn't. The double reward has been working correctly for me for the past three days. The fields were still buffed at the end of the third adventure.

I had a look thru the system log and the only thing that occurred not related to the adv was that I dropped some refills into the fields while the third adv was running.

Also a comment on the buffing issue mentioned above, I have not, as yet, dropped any cards on my fields myself, all have been dropped by guildies and I previously had no problem getting the double reward.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav
    The buff has to be active when the adventure ends and the loot is calculated and sent to the player.

It is not enough when the buff is active during the adventure but ends before the adv is completed. It has to be active when the adventure ends and the loot is sent.

This means that if a player has the buff running and is in his third adventure, the possibility is high that the buff will run out before the adv is finished = no additional loot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I can only say that the fields had red sparklies when I looked at them after the third adventure had finished (yes it's quite easy to do a second thief in under an hour). Of course I cannot say that the red sparklies were really there and not due to about 10 minutes lag, which is of course very possible.
    Last edited by cat_flap; 26.02.19 at 14:40.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    The buff has to be active when the adventure ends and the loot is calculated and sent to the player.

It is not enough when the buff is active during the adventure but ends before the adv is completed. It has to be active when the adventure ends and the loot is sent.

This means that if a player has the buff running and is in his third adventure, the possibility is high that the buff will run out before the adv is finished = no additional loot.
    I try to be generally positive but this is insulting to the people posting here who all understand that the buff has to be running at close.

I've had 4 adv today, combination of hosted by me and hosted by others, all had buff active at close, none got double loot.

Here is screenshot showing buff active and standard loot.

And here's another a few minutes later.

Last edited by ClarenceDuPont; 26.02.19 at 13:04. Reason: Added additional ss

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceDuPont View Post
    I try to be generally positive but this is insulting to the people posting here who all understand that the buff has to be running at close.
    I could not agree with you more, 5 Sieges today, all started and completed whilst buff was active, as usual only the first 2 were doubled, just a waste of resources

World
    Newfoundland
    I ran the card buff and fields were active before I started a 2nd thief and I didn't get the double reward, did another 2nd thief straight after and didn't get the double reward again.
    JJ.
    Everything comes to those who wait.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post

I would like to say that this is an outrageously insufficient reply, and utter denial of what players are reporting to you. You are giving a bad name to the company that employs you, with your poor/unrelated/irrelevant explanations, I hope it is clear to you, BB_Torkav.

That's really such a shame, pathetic even, seeing how players had already had to cope with all the bugs, incredible lag/freeze for couple days, event reported by a week (but that was a good choice), and then it was Valentine buff bugged - and you are obviously trying to cover up/deny. Waw. Just waw.

Oh and should we mention that Observatory doesnt work AT ALL, too?
    Bugs are bad, but your (=the whole team's) poor comunication over them is far worse of a problem in fact. Transparency could at least get you some comprehension. It could also be seen, for us, as a sign of respect...
    Last edited by Kelza; 26.02.19 at 16:29.

Reply to Thread