Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2014

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Not true, every other lootspot its either salt peter or titanium ore. I don't do any extra work and have enough to kill golems and I even sell some. The thing is, I did adventures when the event was not on and of course had stocks...So what exactly do you want is beyond me...

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    You need to recognise that this isn't about fairness its about BB creating a resource sink of higher value items for higher levels and based upon not seeing a single post in the 19 posts above me that supports your 'feedback' that states the Ancient Golems are broken - note you don't suggest it is your opinion that they are broken but you state it as if it is a matter of fact so no I didn't read your post as being an opinion or a complaint!

Based upon; Your assumed ignorance of the resource sink intent of the game or the mechanics which clearly indicate that it is not beneficial to anyone of whatever level to use titanium ore to destroy a golem for a lower amount of pumpkins than can be obtained by selling those same resources via the trade tab, and your short sighted opinion that I am a lemming that accepts the status quo, and your view that my rather short 7 sentence accurate email was in fact a rant, I can only assume you are not yet of the maturity age to participate in a discussion regarding a Pegi 7+ rated game.

World
    Newfoundland
    While I agree that the level brackets between mid to high level players where rather harsh, The time for change has long since passed. What's needed is many more pro active voice's on the test server on the lead up to events to prevent unbalanced issues like this one ever making it to live.

As for the cost/reward of the golem's, I am guessing its almost an impossible task for BB to cater for every single server as each one has a different economy, Therefore what's expensive to one could be about right for another.

I believe we share the same server? newfoundland. I can confirm that titanium was changing hands for around 800coin per 1k on the lead up to the event, At the pre event value it was more than worth the cost. BB can not be held accountable for how the economy reacts during an event.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    the solution is clear to the "broken golems".. doing adventures with chance of titanium ore loot..
    thinking revenue at trade office, its better to do adventures to get titanium ore and sell it

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    Not true, every other lootspot its either salt peter or titanium ore. I don't do any extra work and have enough to kill golems and I even sell some. The thing is, I did adventures when the event was not on and of course had stocks...So what exactly do you want is beyond me...
    Yes, it is clearly beyond you as you've once again failed to grasp the point of the post even after having it spelled out for you specifically. Frankly, I do not think you are capable of grasping what's being discussed.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul View Post
    Yes, it is clearly beyond you as you've once again failed to grasp the point of the post even after having it spelled out for you specifically. Frankly, I do not think you are capable of grasping what's being discussed.
    What is being "discusssed" is that you think that something is broken because you lack resouces to play the quest and although I agree that market can be very unbalanced my point is that you can get everything you need from adventures. So if you really wanted to play you'd do it...
    Your argument that golem is broken because of trade is amusing if nothing else. It works fine.
    And mind you that while I was lvl 36 during the easter event I never lived in delusion that system must comply to me so that me, relatively new user and lvl 36 player could get absolutely all the eggs and all the items from the current event.
    6 months later though, I'll get them all.
    So again, play or don't but don't claim something is broken because you can not play.

World
    Sandycove
    Oh dear, Prams and toys spring to mind.
    In the interest of `feedback' I think the Golem part of the event is NOT broken. You insist that the step up is to great because you are not at a high enough level to have the resources to kill the Ancient Golem. Yet in your opening post you clearly state you have managed at your `lowly level' to kill two, forgive me but if it was broken then how could this be?
    It probably has not occurred to you that this was the number a level 37 was suppose to achieve by design, and maybe a level 38 could achieve three, etc, etc.
    Nowhere, either on test or in the Event Diary was it ever mentioned that you HAD to kill every Golem, or even that you HAD to kill one every 24 hrs. The fact that they remain UNTIL you have gained enough resources to make the buff to kill them, reinforces IMV that whilst the step up may appear harsh, there is still opportunity to participate.....IF you make use of all the game mechanics available to you, Adventuring, explorer searches ( geared to find titanium ) and Trade, and IF you don't Then you have to settle for TWO ( or three, you know you want too )as your limit.

This is simply another ridiculous work around for a broken system - I shouldn't have to study events and figure out the resources, then spend tons of gold hording it just to do a quest that is easily achieved by players of both lower and higher level. Requiring such is, again, bad game design.
    Well, you could spend gems, instead of effort and buy a deck or two of titanium from the merchant, the option is always there , but I will always opt for a little effort myself . A month ago I had only around 1k of titanium ore in store, right now I have enough to kill all my golems and a friend or two's to boot...and I have not spent a `ton of gold' to do it either. So my feedback to your thread, is My Golem is working perfectly, he's popping up nice and regular, and is being sent back from whence he came with a puff of stone dust and titanium residue. Traders will pfft at the price correlation to pumpkins and the cost in titanium, but I do it to push my little islands economy to succeed in the quest, like I have always done in both these and the crisis quests, the material `pixel' return is only a small part of the game, the satisfaction of doing as much as you can, what ever your level, is much more satisfying
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I love the "broken" golem quests. I'm making so much coin selling titanium ore on the market.

Just because the game presents you with a quest does not mean that it's inherently a good idea economically to complete that quest. Some players will complete it since they find joy in completing quests (even if they don't make economic sense). I myself appreciate the smart-looking, dayglo raver golem free decoration that will live on my island for another week.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not broken at all. This is your first Halloween event. For many of us, this is our 3rd Halloween event. And this time it is way more balanced and better, than the past 2 times. Patience - in 2016 you will laugh at this post you made. ;-)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    What's needed is many more pro active voice's on the test server on the lead up to events to prevent unbalanced issues like this one ever making it to live.
    Didn't the test phase end before anyone got a top level golem?

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread