View Poll Results: Do you think the guild should?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • complete every GQ

40 65.57%
  • only do easy and profit GQ

16 26.23%
  • NOT do GQ

5 8.20%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest(GQ): what do you think is best to the guild, completed GQ or NOT?

World
    Sandycove

Guild Quest(GQ): what do you think is best to the guild, completed GQ or NOT?

This post is for everyone opinion include even non-guild player

What do you think is the best for the guild?
    1: Every GQ need to be completed
    2: Only easy and profit GQ
    3: No GQ

Note:
    100 guild coin is worth about 50-70 coin
    GQ available everyday if guild completed
    This dicusion is only for currently time. If guild coin is more valueble or can buy rare item in the future then this discusion is ended

If u vote for (1) I need alot of expert opinion:
    Below is discussion question you can add more question or answer. DO NOT need to answer or answer them all.
    ---Dose every singles players need to be completed GQ or kick?
    ---Should guild leader and officer provide support?
    ---Should level 50 player need to be completed them-self and support lower level?
    ---How u manage do find carriage or gunpowder? and who responsible to make them
    ---who or how to manage doing bk for GQ?
    Addition question for those who find the guild or not in the guild.
    ---Would you like to join the guild with high responsible doing GQ?

If u vote for (2) , which one should skip?
    (GQ with complete bk , complete pirate, 40 carriage , 100 gunpowder, ect)

For option (3) , discuss if u wanted or ask question

Any link that related or been discussed about GQ will added here:
    List of GQ: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...or-guild-quest
    Last edited by Duong_TonThat; 19.10.13 at 16:24.
    DT

World
    Sandycove
    If u vote for (1) I need alot of expert opinion:
    Below is discussion question you can add more question or answer. DO NOT need to answer them all.
    If they joined the guild and said they would do guild quest every day but don't then yes i think they should be kicked, however for the guild quest to be completed not every person in the guild has to complete it only a certain number so there will be days when people cant complete it, but they have to make a effort and do some of them at least

all of our guild members help each other where they need it whether they be the leader, officers or just normal members, through helping with resources for the gq or swapping/offering loot spots etc
    e.g. many in our guild has progressed nicely and are now level 50, so if we need Nords for the gq, we ask the lower levels if they want the Nords xp for few troop losses so we can get the gq done, or DP we swap spots when its the 2 advs ones including lower levels who may need 2 advs and 1 less than 80 militia say we swap/offer loot spots to hep all the guild out, isn't that what being in a guild is all about offering help and advice ect when its needed as well as having fun in the group chat etc

---Should level 50 player need to be completed them-self and support lower level?
    think my answer above answered this but to me being in a guild is not about thinking of themselves its about teamwork and helping each other out when needed no matter what level you are.

All those who have the appropriate buildings can make carriages/gunpowder etc. personally i always keep a stock of both in mt storage, especially carriages if i see them on TO and they arn't too expensive i buy them but always keep at least 50 in at all times so i'm prepared for this quest. as for gunpowder i have a power hut so can make it if need it

Up until now I haven't had a BK for guild quest, like most my resources i do keep at least 1 of each adventure in stock in case of quest so i'm prepared, and like others we would offer the loot spots in guild to get it done.
    Until now we have 100% completion rate on our guild quests in BHG and have never cancelled any, even when the lower levels were getting to do pirates adventure all the time, we set up a guild bank so all officers had some IOP adventures to hand out to those who needed them for guild quest free, we also offer brew/weapons/drill plans etc and bread if needs be so they person can even make the troops to do the adventure so that the guild quest always got done.

I voted for 1st one
    On a side note no the guild quests are not worth the guild coins however I feel being in a guild means you want to be part of a team.
    So to get the guild quests done requires a lot of TEAMWORK. really in a guild i feel there is no room for selfish people who only care about themselves or freeloaders for that matter accumulating guild coins for no effort what so ever so everyone else has to pick up the slack for them. But that's just my opinion i guess

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Very nice post there Lulu and I do agree wholeheartedly.

Since guild quests are NOT worth doing I voted the last option though. Am lvl 50 right now for quite some time and "donating" wheels and carriages has become somewhat boring and expensive. I've quit my guild and won't be doing the quests anymore.

World
    Sandycove
    i have also been level 50 for a while but still do it as an officer in BHG and joint leader.
    we lead by example no point expecting others to do it if your not willing to do it yourself.
    but there is more to being in a guild than guild quest such as the fun and help/support with other things whether it be game related, real life related etc.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    In the guild i'm in we provide a incentive in the form of a lottery, to qualify to enter you have to have completed the last 5 guild quests. We assign a number of days for the quest to be completed depending on how hard we rate the difficulty of each guild quest is, this is to allow the non hard core players a chance to complete them. We also maintain a adventure pool. however if stocks are low and we know the members will face difficulty obtaining said adventure we do cancel it.

In our guild support is with mostly finding out who needs what to complete the quests and letting the rest of the guild know so that individual members are able to complete.

Any player can find themselves in a position of being unable to complete the guild quest themselves. Maybe they have just finished a Fairy tale adventure or have just had premium days run out and stocks or troops are low.

Support can be provided by players of any level. Some of our medium level players produce weapons like bows which the higher levels don't. Even a level 26 player can help a level 50 by providing a loot spot.

In guild trade from those who do make them.

who ever has them, failing that the adventure pool. BK is not the problem adventure, Pirates is.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think that the Guild quest is one of the most important aspects of being in a guild. If a players feels that the guild quest is too difficult, then they should discuss that with the guild admin. If the guild admin decides that they really need the quest to be done, they can help, or if they decide that the cost is too high, they can cancel it. However, not doing the quest and not communicating why is what hurts the guild - if the guild admins know that the quests are too hard, they can cancel it promptly, instead of waiting and waiting for it to be finished. An uncommunicative member of a guild deserves to be booted.
    Jewel_Stone

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I voted No. 2

The only reason is IOP . Thats the only one I would cancel. Bearing in mind the same adventures also comes up in Daily Quests you may have to do 2 BKs or IOPs in a row. At least BK is a multiplayer adventure so it is not so much of a problem. My understanding is that only guilds with over 56 members get adventures so cannot see how the polll can be a true picture. I would also point out that to have over 70 members in the guild complete their quest the minimum time is 36 hours to allow for all the different time zones , work times etc. My guild is currently 99 members and 73 have to complete.

We do help our members with cheap trades internally of gunpowder, carriages etc and with lootspots to get the GQ done. We also encourage higher levels to do Dark Priests and offer a lootspot for the levels that have to do that as their quest. Our policy is that real life is more important always but if someone does not even ask for help and refuses to do them day after day despite being online then they will be kicked.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 17.10.13 at 22:10.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I haven't voted....

I don't believe you should do every guild quest but I also don't think you should only do the profitable ones.

Of course not - that's why Bb introduced the idea of active players. Some in the guild will be on holiday etc so there has to be some lenience.
    Definitely not! The whole guild should provide support. The leader and officers should provide some key principles, guidance, focus, direction etc but the idea of guild quests is to encourage a sense of community so therefore its for the community as a whole to come together and support each other.
    Again no. A L50 may be stuck in say a tailor adv or have real life stuff going on that may mean they cant do their quest immediately but this shouldn't stop them supporting others. This goes for everyone though as per my reply above.
    We have a couple of people that make them. Its key that this isn't abused though as they are expensive and this quest doesn't appear that often so its manageable.
    This is easy - theres loads of BK available so if need be it can be gifted to a player and 2 others from guild can share the loot spots to achieve their quests.

The only quest we regularly cancel is the ones that require pirates as that is harder for a number of reasons.
    Also I believe guild quests are about encouraging guild chat and a sense of community, you mention doing the profitable ones only. Most people in our guild play to have fun not to create a sense of virtual profit. To much emphasis is placed on trading in my opinion.

PS - I think lulu sums it up better than me
    Last edited by fishslice; 17.10.13 at 22:32.

World
    Sandycove
    i am a guild leader and believe that we have to take the rough with the smooth . some are easy and some are harder . our guild helps all members who require it . this is what guilds are for in my opinion , to help each other . team work is a part of the game and as a lvl 50 player i have no problem with helping out the newer people .the votes for what are included in the guild market give us all a chance to have a say in what is available . i send a mail to my members if the waiting guild quest has hard stuff in it and if response is to cancel and wait for the next one we do that .. its no biggie and the guild coins come in handy .
    just my opinion and if we were all the same life would be boring , happy settling everyone

World
    Sandycove
    i think the reward Should be higher and chose option 2
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Reply to Thread