Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing pvp?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

Anyone doing pvp?

I started this topic to see how many people are doing pvp and if they think the loses / loot / time worth it.
    Last edited by IndianKid; 22.12.14 at 04:52.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Purely judging by the large numbers of people complaining how bad PvP is, I'd guess that a significant proportion of players have at least tried it. Also taking into account that human nature is that the complainers very often clamour louder than the complimentary people I conclude a fair guestimate that 2/3 of the established, frequent players are "doing it".

I think you will find that the player base in TSO is made of sterner stuff than the wimps in other games who quit carrying their tails behind them when their prize toy changes.

But I sincerely doubt you will get a fair estimate of "how many people are doing pvp", especially as player numbers are a closely guarded secret and proportions of responders will not be representative!
    Last edited by VVidi; 05.12.14 at 11:51.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by VVidi View Post
    Purely judging by the large numbers of people complaining how bad PvP is, I'd guess that a significant proportion of players have at least tried it. Also taking into account that human nature is that the complainers very often clamour louder than the complimentary people I conclude a fair guestimate that 2/3 of the established, frequent players are "doing it".

I think you will find that the player base in TSO is made of sterner stuff than the wimps in other games who quit carrying their tails behind them when their prize toy changes.

But I sincerely doubt you will get a fair estimate of "how many people are doing pvp", especially as player numbers are a closely guarded secret and proportions of responders will not be representative!
    I couldn`t agree more, well said.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    pvp is totally useless. You can not defend your colony unless the attacker muddles. And the reward does not compensate the cost of the troops. I did one because of the main quest, but I will not do once. Instead I sell the iron

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Tom-As View Post
    pvp is totally useless. You can not defend your colony unless the attacker muddles. And the reward does not compensate the cost of the troops. I did one because of the main quest, but I will not do once. Instead I sell the iron
    +1

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    i tried it once on test, decided the costs FAR outweigh the benefits so i'm just making a killing selling iron.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have done enough to clear the quest chain in the quest book I have to say though I won't be doing anymore.

I personally never wanted PVP to be introduced into the game as I believe The Settlers has always been an economic game.... but I appreciate that a vast number of players did, So I will just keep playing the way I always have and ignore PVP, and wait and see what the devs come up with next.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    OK, but where are the vast number of those players who like the pvp? I did not see any comment of them, just from those who hate this new pvp feature....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Tom-As View Post
    OK, but where are the vast number of those players who like the pvp? I did not see any comment of them, just from those who hate this new pvp feature....
    Erm maybe they too busy enjoying PvP to take the time to post
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I am not doing pvp (but I tried it).

To play against the computer I already have the normal adventures.

Reply to Thread