Reply to Thread

Thread: Map Grid

World
    Northisle

Thumbs up Map Grid

Hello,

I'm Here to suggest to add a grid in the map whille we are in the "construction mode", with that grid we can plan where we will set this and the future builds.

Regards,
    Yamash

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I second that. You could use the garrisons transfer function and visually highlight all the possible construction spots for the selected building type.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i am surprised no one has made a 3rd party ap/program for planning ur island i pplay alot of games and in all of em there has been ppl who made things to help play the game better including a template of a island so you can map out ur island in this case b4 you actually build it

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    People, roads serve perfectly the purpose of making grids / reseving space for future. Seems to be the only functinonal purpose for them...

EDIT: I agree that highlighting buildable areas in build mode, similar to garrison transfer, would be nice.
    Last edited by j____; 16.05.12 at 20:21. Reason: marked in post

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the whole point is that we all build our own islands our own way. That means every island will be different which means any grid is immaterial. We have to work this out for ourselves.

World
    Sandycove
    Oh, yes! So badly need a grid! I spent forever making a road grid so I wouldn't waste space by placing buildings offgrid. Thankfully, the roads are free for now.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I builded wells fill up sectors see if theres areas that need tuning in combo with a storehouse u even get walking times of each location,cheap,easy and provides water =)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i went to the test server and stripped it then used that to map out sections

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    This sounds very similar to the co-ordinated system of other games, Everquest and WoW both had such systems but in those cases the landscape is fixed with only the characters moving around the area, for a browser based game in might put too much strain on the system used to play with, the best thing I can think of that might help there is a fixed map with gridlines and reference points which would be much easier to know where things are and require no additional power of note. Making a grid line image of the island would achieve the same result and be easier as it would be an image. Just like the resources map that is out there atm.

Reply to Thread