Reply to Thread

Thread: "Ways to the gold" quest completion and tracker bugs

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

"Ways to the gold" quest completion and tracker bugs

I seem to be unable to complete the "Ways to the gold" quest. It asks me to acquire 600 coins. I did have 614, yet the quest tracker showed 310/600. I attached screenshots showing that I had 639 but the tracker showed 355/600, and then I spent 25, dropping the tracker count to 310/600, while the warehouse contained 614.

I borrowed 300 from another player. I suspect that's where the bug is; the game hasn't included the coins I received in trade. I couldn't hold on to the coins either, the other player needed them back! So now I have to wait for the bug to be fixed, or until I collect 600 coins without trading...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Soleschism; 24.08.13 at 21:00.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm not certain I've followed the numbers correctly and 355-25 is clearly not 310 but here's the standard answer, it may be worth trying:

"Acquire" generally means "get them however you can after the quest starts", items you had already in stock won't be counted. Sometimes it will only count up and you can swap trades back and forth until the quest completes and other times, like now, it deducts any you spend or trade away and you must have the full amount all at once. Try sending the Coins you have to a trusted friend who can lend you the extra needed to make 600, when you accept the trade for the total it should complete the quest. It may not be quite what was intended but it ought to work. (Don't forget to return the borrowed ones and do make certain there is no "Pay Resources" button to click else you'll quickly be out 600 Coins.)

If that does clear it it's likely not a 'bug' as much as a poor description and one that is certainly confusing. Hope that helps a bit and gl.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 24.08.13 at 21:25.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ahh, I see. Yeah, that is a poor description!

Reply to Thread