Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Explorer Quest

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Greatest Explorer Quest

The Greatest Explorer Quest (level 50) requires players to complete Secluded Experiments, 5 Epic Adventures, 10 Resource Adventures, 10 Experience Adventures, and 2 Follow-up Adventures.

As none of these adventure categories will exist after the upcoming maintenance, can we please get an answer from BB as to what will happen to people who have this quest active? It's a lot of adventures to complete, and follow-up adventures aren't easy to get, so it takes most people time to complete this quest. I know of players above level 53 who still have not completed the whole quest, although they've done some of it.

If a person has done some of the adventures, will they get credit for what they've done? Secluded Experiments isn't an adventure I want to have to do again if I can help it. And most of us don't have 10 ventures sitting around in our star. I have nothing against ventures, but am saving my crystals for when I reach level 53 and can start trying for the manuscript recipe. It really would not be fair for players to have to start all over again on this big quest. BB, we need answers!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    There's no ventures in that quest. The quest existed long before ventures came into play. Resource addies are those with the (current) toolbox icon.. BN, VTV and the like..

Plenty of similar quests tho. Would be interesting to hear how BB plans to adjust those.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma_Baker View Post
    There's no ventures in that quest. The quest existed long before ventures came into play. Resource addies are those with the (current) toolbox icon.. BN, VTV and the like..

Plenty of similar quests tho. Would be interesting to hear how BB plans to adjust those.
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post334645

The last sentence in the first post of the Dev Diary says:

The archive entries, quests, adventure descriptions and tooltips will be changed and updated accordingly to match the new classification.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomy View Post
    The last sentence in the first post of the Dev Diary says:
    That doesnt quite explain how they will deal with epic/resource/etc... quests loomy. Those distinctions will dissapear..

World
    Newfoundland
    The 'Greatest Explorer' Main Quest will consist of ( at least on testserver ):
    SE - loosing less than 100 Cavalry
    Complete 5 adventures of difficulty above 5
    Complete 10 non-mini missions
    Complete 2 Scenarios
    Complete 10 Ventures

Side Quest of '2 follow up-adventures' - will be
    'Old Friends' or 'More Secluded experiments' AND 'Return to Bandits Nest' or 'Motherly Love'.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the replies. I understand the Greatest Explorer quest will be changing. However, my question was about the people who have the quest active and partially completed. Will we get credit for the adventures already done? If not, some people may wind up having to redo Secluded Experiments as well as a bunch of other adventures they might not otherwise choose to do. It seems there should be some accommodation made for the poor folks that are partway through the quest, other than having to start over. This quest pays 500 gems among other things, so most people will be wanting to get it done. BB, can we please get an answer to this?

As Ma Baker pointed out, there are other quests affected by this. I also have The Bandit Nightmare quest, to earn 10,000 coins from Epic Adventures and am about 3/4 of the way through that quest. What will happen to it? Will I get credit for all the progress I've made toward completion, or will I have to start over?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I would like to know what will happen with The Bandit Nightmare too - I'm currently on 9300 of the 10,000 coins needed! It's taken me months to get that far, please don't say I will have to restart it

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    All quest progress should be maintained once the new system is in place. If you would like to err on the side of caution, screenshot your progress before the update goes live next week, and then you can compare it to after the update has been applied. You should see the exact same progression.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Good to know that progress will be maintained, thank you!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm very glad to hear that quest progress will be maintained. Thanks for the reply!

Reply to Thread