Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Quests - List of members still to complete it

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Guild Quests - List of members still to complete it

Hi,

Currently, the guild quest lists the number of guild members needed to complete the quest ("Have at least xx of your guild members complete their own guild quests"). However, there is no way of telling who has completed theirs, or who hasn't.

It would be useful if members - or at least the guild owner and senior members - could view a list of members that have completed their individual quest. This would allow the guild member to encourage those members to complete it, and ultimately give the guild owner more information about how active a guild member is.

There is already a tab within the "Guild" icon that lists the members, their level, and their rank. Perhaps an extra column could be added named "Current Guild Quest Status", or even just a small column named "GQ" with a tick for those that have completed it, and a cross for those in progress.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don't mean to be rude, but you're the 10th user who starts a topic regarding this. They've promised some guild stuff some time ago so I guess this is one of those.

Use search next time, you'll find a full topic about this.

World
    Newfoundland
    A properly organised guild has their own ways of doing it. You don't need a built in planner, just a good leader.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    A properly organised guild has their own ways of doing it. You don't need a built in planner, just a good leader.
    Yes, let's stop adding features to the game, that reduce pointless time wasting used to track, and do nothing.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tshh View Post
    Yes, let's stop adding features to the game, that reduce pointless time wasting used to track, and do nothing.
    I know this may be a novel idea, but I prefer to play a game and not have the game play itself.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Idea is that game gives you more information/statistics. How does that make "game play itself" ?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

My view on this subject is probably quite contrarian. Surely if the guild quests don't get done or they are being done very slowly then the majority of the guild seem to want to play the game that way.

It's a game. It's there to be played for the enjoyment of all guild members. I suspect what is happening in many guilds (if not all) is that the minority who play the game day in day out and who are vocal are really "demanding" the rest of the guild join in and complete guild quests to timelines they prefer.

That won't happen in our guild.

We're not going to start micro-managing our guild in anyway.

I think some of the guild quests are (with the obvious benefit of hindsight management) a little too time consuming. Doing adventures hits me everytime. But that's not something that BB can't tweak if they feel it's appropriate.

Well I've had my tuppence wuth :-)

Nuttymut :-)
    Last edited by Nuttymut; 13.03.13 at 17:12.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttymut View Post
    Hi,

It's a game. It's there to be played for the enjoyment of all guild members. I suspect what is happening in many guilds (if not all) is that the minority who play the game day in day out and who are vocal are really "demanding" the rest of the guild join in and complete guild quests to timelines they prefer.

And that's exactly why i wouldn't like it if it will be public who did or didn't do the guildquest. If that information will be seen by everyone in the guild it will lead to members pointing fingers at each other.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I've suggested before that guild quests be reset daily and those that completed it get rewarded. The current system seems to reward everyone, even those that did not complete it which is clearly flawed.
    Some quests are not worthwhile - asking players to give 100 gold coins with a potential reward of 90 guild coins. I can understand the idea of a resource drain, but for something half the value as a reward is not helping.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttymut View Post
    Hi,

My view on this subject is probably quite contrarian. Surely if the guild quests don't get done or they are being done very slowly then the majority of the guild seem to want to play the game that way.

That won't happen in our guild.

We're not going to start micro-managing our guild in anyway.

I think some of the guild quests are (with the obvious benefit of hindsight management) a little too time consuming. Doing adventures hits me everytime. But that's not something that BB can't tweak if they feel it's appropriate.

Well I've had my tuppence wuth :-)

It probably does depend on the composition of the guild. I've chased people up a couple of times when other members have started complaining that the quest has been there for 4-5 days and it has needed one more person to complete it. This is from the point of view of being in a relatively small and new guild which is finding its feet. Personally I would find a list useful, in the same way as I would find an overview of the buildings on the home island useful: it saves me a bit of time. It is not about having the game played for me, but making one of the tasks slightly easier. On the other hand, I generally do not make use of the numerous guides to every aspect of the game available on the forums, because I prefer to work out how to play by myself.

Reply to Thread