Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade Office Extra Function

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Trade Office Extra Function

Hi developers out there I just used the Trade Office
    with a successfull sell for the first time.

Although I just noticed it by chance that someone
    had taken my offer,because there wasnt any visible
    thing pointing out that my offer had been a success.

So I just wanted to suggest to you developers to make
    an extra function to the Trade Office,which would work
    out like a playercustomer-base with all those players that
    have taken your offers and taken(bought) your offers
    This extra function could then be in a Tab inside the
    Trade Office window. And to that some kind of notification
    system,for us players to notice when a successfull trade
    has been made,maybe that the Trade office button could
    blink when this has happened or something similar
    This would be awesome if you could implement into the game

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Micaeyolyx,

If you check the window there is already a history tab which gives the status and running log of all sales and offers. There is already a notification although only the popup as with most events, and there is an entry in the news tab as well.

(Hope this helps)

World
    Sandycove
    The trade office is actually quite useless...

When you are trying to trade items with a neighbour, it only ever shows you stats for your resources; not the person you are trading with. As a result you never know whether or not the person you're offering a trade to has what you need.

World
    Northisle
    I find it frustrating you can do double searches. I only want to trade this for this?
    Also that I have to look through everything instead of using a filter. e.g. 1-1000 bread to trade for 20-30 coins?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 Advanced filtering would be nice and highly required. (The History tab is still nearly useless. In addition to being buggy, I do not understand what for the 20 lines limit.)

However, I suggest some extra functions:
    - Indication of available lots on the Buying tab. Also possibility to buy more lot at once.
    - Haggling: option of feedback to seller a lower price offer, what he/she can accept or disclaim. Feedback shuold has a relatively short lifetime, say 15-60 minutes, after this automatically refused.
    - Last minute discount: the last 10-30 minutes of an offer could be lower priced, what is specified by the offerer at the begining. The discount price or the existence of discount price must be full time indicated, e.g. colored letters.
    - Parallel prices: one can offer things for this or that. E.g. 1000 copper ore for 35 coins OR 900 tools.
    - Offer for more friends or whitelisted partners, not to the whole market.
    - Auction tab. Speaks for itself.
    - Blacklist: there are a lot of gamer with orderly hair-raising fake prices. Some of us would not see them offerings, never.
    - Partner menu. As in old trade system: clicking on a name appear a menu, with Mail/Whisper, Haggling, Blacklist/Whitelist, Add to friends, and also would be nice a Visit.
    etc.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Just one more idea for the problem of fake prices. There would be nice a fair price indicator marquee on top or bottom of trade panel. That indicator should show the *median* of *realized* transactions. To be as simple as possible (just to avoid using too much server-side resources) should use trades only with gold coins in the last 12-24 hours, regularly refreshed by 30-60 minutes.

World
    Sandycove
    but it's impossible for there to be such a thing brank, as supply of certain resources increased it would have to be changed and vice versa if the resource is low it would have to be risen, unless the BB's developed a economy but that would take a long time, possibly when TSO is out of it's BETA stages.
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...c4908a8em3.png

Need any Help? Just ask. I will try to help you as much as I can.

TSO Beginners Guide -- Important TSO Links -- TSO Help & Support.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Not clear for me, what you mean. Marquee is solved on Castle Empire Trade Calculator bottom, but it seems so simple calculated. Realized transactions are on the history tab, so them data are kept anyway (what probably much less than all offers). IMO that is not an impossible task to collate certain transactions, such done by coins (what again much less), and calculate a median in every hour. I don't want a MACD graphs and analysis, just a simple number, what indicate an average price of sold goods, probably accepted by many.

World
    Sandycove
    So just a simple average of the 'item' at that time? I see what you mean now, well if they would make something that collects all transaction records and does the math to make the average of each 'item/resource' then yeah I agree with what your saying.
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...c4908a8em3.png

Need any Help? Just ask. I will try to help you as much as I can.

TSO Beginners Guide -- Important TSO Links -- TSO Help & Support.

Reply to Thread