Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash ending in 2020

World
    Newfoundland

Adobe will terminate Flash in 2020

From what I heard, Adobe will terminate Flash in 2020. I also got a notification from Google Chrome that they will remove Flash in 2020. So, I am a bit worried about the future of this game.

Will it be like the old Windows that you can still use it but no more update nor support from the company, or BlueByte will move to another platform?

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 15.08.19 at 12:35.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    From what I heard, Adobe will terminate Flash in 2020. I also got a notification from Google Chrome that they will remove Flash in 2020. So, I am a bit worried about the future of this game.

Will it be like the old Windows that you can still use it but no more update nor support from the company, or BlueByte will move to another platform?

Merged
    Every clues we had from BB and MOds go to the direction of the old windows :'(

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Stay secure !

Don't forget flash updates !

A new flash version has been released, to stop critical security risks :
    https://helpx.adobe.com/security/pro...apsb19-46.html

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 10.09.19 at 17:14.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Firefox has now removed the option to always run flush on a web site.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    looks like adobe AIR is being discontinued too, not much point in moving over to that. Adobe HARMAN is the next thing to look at. From one of the pages for it:

Adobe Flash Player will no longer be supported by Adobe or by any standard browsers beyond 2020. However, if the enterprise customers require Flash Player, then HARMAN will be able to offer them a solution that combines the regular Flash Player with customer’s SWF application. This will allow for a useful stop-gap for existing applications to continue to be used with little or no modifications, whilst long term plans for migration away from the Flash content are put into action.

HARMAN also offers alternative deployment and licensing models for Flash Player, for companies wishing to embed Flash Player into their own hardware or software products.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you're using the Game Installer and not the Browser to play the game you need to install this Adobe Flash Player for Firefox from Adobe website.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Step 1:
    Operating System: Select Windows 10

Step2:
    Select a version: FP 32 for Firefox - NPAPI

Follow the prompts. Should be all set ;-)

World
    Sandycove
    I cant get the standalone to run the game any more. I get a blue flash as if it's start up then the screen goes black and I get a progression meter run at the bottom of the page and then..... nothing but a black screen. Doesn't matter what setting I use either.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    If your using VLC Player it might conflict with the Settlers client. Here are the steps:

1. Uninstall VLC Player.

2. The Settlers client should work now.

3. If you need VLC Player, re-install it but when you get to the Prompt of selecting options, uncheck the following.

- Mozilla Plugins

- ActiveX Plugins

4. VLC Player and The Settlers Online client should work without conflicting.

qawpaw
    41 days until year ends
    would be nice with an official update on issue

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    41 days until year ends
    Yes, 2019 ends in a few weeks.

Flash support, at least on Chrome, is not due to stop before December 2020.

Closed Thread