Reply to Thread

Thread: Events in the calendar year

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Events in the calendar year

Hi, guys...
    I was wondering - how many events are in one calendar year?
    I discovered TSO in the end of the Easter event, and didn't take anything useful, hope to get some now in the World cup event.
    How many events will be till the end of the year?
    Only Christmas?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Halloween is the next event
    Then Christmas
    Then Easter

Sometimes there are special events in between, such as the world cup.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you Daz!

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its a shame that BB doesn't use the Calendar function within the forum to update stuff like event start and end dates, dates when any significant updates are scheduled for release.

I appreciate that they don't know months in advance when things are going to happen but take this years World Cup event - we are now told its going to end at some point on 15th July. How many people actually know that?

What does that mean? Some events finish and the event shop stays open for a further week to enable us to spend our event goodies (footballs), other times the event shop closes at the same time. People invest a huge amount of time and effort in the game (and that's part of the strategy from BB and UBI as it encourages gem sales which is their revenue stream). It would be good to see BB and UBI investing time back in the community forum to keep players better informed. They may as well delete / hide the Calendar function as I really don't care when it is the Birthday of a complete stranger (that's all that gets populated in their now) and if I click on the Add Event button it takes me to a page telling me I do not have access to the page...

World
    Newfoundland
    Just to clear things up, a FAQ on the removal of the football event is already planned in order to keep players better informed. The shop will NOT remain open this time.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    mmm so explorers sent out whilst event is live, event closes (including the shop), explorers return with footballs and cant spend those last remaining footballs. Shame on this change of approach.

And its a bit of a mess considering we have had, [Sneak Peek] World Championship Event, First insights: World Championship Event, [Dev Diary] The Settlers Football World Championship, the in-game Event Calendar has been active for 19 of 31 days and yet we don't know when the shop closes......

Why is an FAQ so late and more importantly even needed. If any of the previous posts said;
    The last door on the Calendar can be opened from 12th July.
    The event will close on the 15th July as will the shop.
    The actual time of the even is being co-ordinated across all servers so whilst we have yet to decide on the actual time we will confirm at least 1 week before.

There we go Ravel, feel free to use the above for the seemingly complicated FAQ unless there's going to be more information than the above included......

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Just a shame the forum is such a mess that this information isn't easy to find. Maybe a message on the login page when we get a week from event end would help, or (But too late) actually decide these details before the event starts and put them on the original information.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Just a shame the forum is such a mess that this information isn't easy to find. Maybe a message on the login page when we get a week from event end would help, or (But too late) actually decide these details before the event starts and put them on the original information.
    When the FAQ is posted, it will be posted on the main page also. Most official news are also posted on the main page. Change Logs are the exception, but they are linked on the main page and you guys can also see them in game.

Reply to Thread