Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    For those who use Chrome or the freeze happens click with the right mouse button and have it printed soon after cancel. Here everything works normally.

Tiu's Hug !!!!

World
    Northisle
    I use the Steam version which is automatically up to date. The game freezes totally whenever I recieve in game mail and whenever generals are landing after travelling to/from an adventure. This long term issue has only become worse.

Changing screen size doesn't help and is sometimes impossible (the whole window is frozen). Zoom is impossible.
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Sometimes the game freezes. Simple (but annoying) refresh fixes this. Sometimes only a map freezes and going to another (home/adv/friend) fixes the freeze.

This morning I had full freeze, refreshed the game. When I got back on the FP, I got the "plug-in stopped working" pop-up from chrome, restarted the plug-in and played the game.
    But then I got the same pop-up, but my game was still working. I played 2 more hours and I got the pop up 5-8? more times. But I could just close it and keep playing.

Anyone else getting a incorrect plugin failure in chrome?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    If i open this programming tool in chrome i get this warning: Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure plugin data 'http://w03chat01.thesettlersonline.com/http-bind/'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

/ Knapp

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, Opera browser keeps sending a warning saying that data is being sent to an unsecure server. On the macromedia there is a description of this:

What are security settings?

Adobe has designed Flash Player to provide security settings that do not require you to explicitly allow or deny access in most situations. Over time, as SWF and FLV content have become more sophisticated, Flash Player has also become more sophisticated, offering users additional privacy and security protections. However, you might occasionally encounter older SWF or FLV content that was created using older security rules. In these cases, Flash Player asks you to make a decision: You can allow the content to work as its creator intended, using the older security rules, or you can choose to enforce the newer, stricter rules. The latter choice helps ensure that you only view or play content that meets the most recent standards of security, but it may sometimes prevent older SWF or FLV content from working properly.

When older content runs in a newer version of the player, and Flash Player needs you to make a decision about enforcing newer rules or not, you may see one of the following pop-up dialog boxes. These dialog boxes ask your permission before allowing the older SWF or FLV content to communicate with other locations on the Internet:

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,
    I have trouble with the Chat my cache is set to auto empty. Whenever my news updates chat causes my words I have written to disappear chat crashes, normally the Trade Tab disappears altogether, this happens very often. To the point members of my guild told me to report the problem as I seem to be getting more of a problem with this. 9x out of 10 When on an adventure Island chat always crashes.

I have Windows 10. Microsoft Edge 41.16299.248.0 use Chrome for adventure wikki guides

Also been experiencing lag whilst in an adventure, had to go back to home isle before General would complete the fight, this of cause slowed the adventure down. Highly annoying.

Somebody had a loot spot had completed their kill and it didn't register to me till awhile after, good job it was a guild free loot spot.
    But my last couple of adventures I did in the early hours this morning were fine. So I am hoping that part of the game will be okay. But the chat problem has been with me for quite awhile.
    sandieg

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am having recurring issues running the game in Chrome on both Windows 8 and Windows 10. Screen refreshes fail, games hangs in browser, and quite often I', seeing partial hangs were you can still move about but graphic items like menus will appear , but then not fully render. These problems started around Christmas and seem to have been worse during the Christmas and Easter events.
    I have .png screenshots if they will help.

qawpaw
    i use Microsoft Edge 41.16299.371.0
    have never experienced lag at all

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Chrome seems to have more issues. There was talk of some options to fiddle with some time ago to make it better. Any experts around to help?

minoreva
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Chrome seems to have more issues. There was talk of some options to fiddle with some time ago to make it better. Any experts around to help?
    Sent you a mail in game

Reply to Thread