Reply to Thread

Thread: Champion Skills

World
    Newfoundland

Champion Skills

A post elsewhere put me to thinking... I know there are two schools of thought with Nusala: some have her skilled with 1-Up specifically for sac waves, whereas others give her Master Planner to improve overall damage.

I'd be interested to know how you skilled each of your Champions, and what was your reasoning? Have you had second thoughts since deciding?

World
    Newfoundland
    Nusala doesnt have any skills that would make her good as a primaty attacking general, and loses in comparison with Major due to lower unit capacity.

Outside of cases where you really have no alternative she is only usable for sac waves of bow units/ cavalry, neither of which have high enough accuracy to begin with to warrant choosing Master Planner.

World
    Newfoundland
    and yet...

From So-wiki's guides;

and from Settlersonlinewiki.eu:

World
    Newfoundland
    Dont bother too much with Wiki guides, they are usually poorly optimized and full of questionable decisions (like in the example you provided, I'd like to see a rational explanation why anyone would use Juggernaut on a Major).

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I've respecced my initial 1-UP Nusala to AMster PLanner due to MCC.

And I must admit having a guaranteed 1500dmg from Nusala in suicides makes for much nicer less accidnet prone attacks.

I miss that second suicide though. I really do. Then again, I very seldomly play adventures where there's a huge benefit in 2x Nusala suicides in quick succession. Though on some evil-j Evil Queens it is abit of a pain. I earn it back in spades on MCC though IMO. And being able to follow wiki guides for silly advs I never bothered to do my own proepr guides was an unexpected by fun boon.

Brotherjon
    Using master planner here too for same reason. 1up was nice but master planner suits my gameplay better, more effective overall, especially on mcc. Also useful on ft adv and when doing witch of swamp on events, she can do the whole lot in one run.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i use 1-up, especially on mcc campaign wiki maps are very poor

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I put 1-up on Nusala.
    Although, i realize the guaranteed 1500 dmg is good and everything.
    I think that 1-up makes her much more versatile. I can either use her at least twice and on different camps or if i really need that 1500 damage, I can still do that by just sending her twice into the same camp.
    Not relying on wiki guides too much either, there's quite a lot of room for customization/optimization.

Haven't yet reached MCC, though. So my opinion's only based on FTs and Alis.

World
    Sandycove
    1-up here too

I have Mary and some Vets skilled for a lot of advs now as they garner more xp esp with the Scout Post esp on the |Alis. Hardly use MG except on the hardest of camps and Nusala is great for knocking the stuffing out of them with 1-up

Reply to Thread