Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: newly built buildings and mines

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

newly built buildings and mines

Hello all.
    First of all I would like to apologize if this has already been suggested. couldn't find anything myself, but that doesn't really mean that it hasn't been suggested before.

Been wondering if the community would find it useful that buildings started off sleeping instead of running the moment they were done.
    some buildings take a while to build, and queuing up several buildings could cause expensive or rare resources to be lost due to the building running unbuffed due to unforeseen circumstances of you not being able to pay attention to the game,for whatever reason.

e.g. I found out the hard way that the FairyTale Castle started running the moment it was done upgrading, costing me an unknown amount of beans of running unbuffed for the majority of that day since you can't "pause" the building beforehand, as it doesn't have a production to pause prior to level 5.

Personally I have 6 building queue slots at all times, and they are mostly unused just in case of something unforeseen. if I'm building elite buildings, I don't queue up more than 1 building at a time, even if I'm planning on building 5. just in case something should happen, then I would only have 1 building running, instead of 5, all of which shouldn't run unbuffed

however, my biggest issue and nuisance, is when building mines, I feel like I have to pay attention the moment each mine is done, so I don't lose resources. would be nice to queue up 6 mines, and then forget all about them, or simply do something else for 30 minutes at a time, instead of paying attention every 5 minutes for when every single mine is built.

Each gold mine takes, if I recall correctly, 10 minutes to build. Gold to me is rather precious and I don't like to miss out on potential gold ore.
    So I have to pay attention every 10 minutes and sleep the mine. and since there are 11 or so gold deposits, that's 110 minutes, or almost 2 hours of sitting and staring at timers reaching zero, without feeling like I could do something more productive while the first 6 mines are being built.

I for one would love to be able to queue 6 gold mines, get instant bored and start an adventure and an hour later (or after the completion of the adventure) return home and queue up the remaining 5 gold mines, and something else for the last slot, and then again, do something else. Whether that being just chatting or go read a book or watch an episode of my favorite show. Or even go make dinner, without having to walk back and forth between gaming room and kitchen.

Personally, I don't run level 1 mines at all. and many buildings shouldn't run unbuffed. and you can't buff foundations just so you're covered when the building is done.

------------------
    What do you guys and girls think? would it be a blessing or a curse, that buildings started off sleeping, instead of running the moment they were done?

I hope I have explained this sufficiently to make my point clear.

Thank you all so much for your time. Take care.

//kind regards: Koump

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    If you can build 11 gold mines, how come gold is still valuable to you?
    I see no harm in mines being stopped automatically after construction, as I stop them anyway to buff all batch together.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    hello Avatar.
    I make a fair share of badges every now and then. Also, gold ore can be turned into a fair share of gold coins, which is always nice.
    but also, I like to collect for a rainy day!
    (yes I do realize that, that rainy day may never truly come, but you never know..)
    and of course, you can just sell it, right there and then. gives some coins. or whatever you need, if anything. else, hoard for that rainy day.

Brotherjon
    I would also prefer it if buildings had to be ‘commissioned’ first once built, i.e. go to sleep automatically once completed and then set running once the player decides

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    gr8 idea, i've often wished for this myself but never had the sense to come and suggest it here.

i'm sure many ppl would buy extra building slots, as we could set up a queue and walk away... ppl need gems to buy building slots bb, so come on

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Automatic stop would not work for everybody. I like it as it is - set up a build queue and let them start working once built. Automatic stop would only have a value for me as an optional feature.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    If it was optional or configurable in settings, I would +1 it.
    I tend to take the view with new buildings that you dont have to micro manage their start time down to 5 or 10 minutes. Take the gold mine for instance, whilst they start straight away, they take 10 minutes to build and their production time is 12 minutes. As such the first ore is taken from the mine 22 minutes after the mine starts being built - a little longer actually due to the settler having to walk to the mine to start work.

World
    Sandycove
    +1 to the idea of an option that would sleep a new building once constructed. It would be nice when I might start a group of them just before going out (or going to bed or something similar) and I don't want them starting right away.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    and to simplify things the checkbox with sleep option can be added straight to the building queue

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar-name123 View Post
    and to simplify things the checkbox with sleep option can be added straight to the building queue
    Now that would make it perfect.

Reply to Thread