Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Friend/Guild avatar list

World
    Newfoundland

Friends list filter

Are there any plans to add any more filters to the friends list?

One that I believe might be useful, is a filter to show friends that are online and hide those that are offline.
    We already have the "green light" on those friends that are online, but that doesn't show on guild members.

It can take a little while to scroll through a long friends list plus 100 guild members just to find the one friend you want to visit that is online.
    Having the choice to hide the offline friends would be a help.

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 30.10.15 at 09:26.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Sandycove

viewing friends

i would prefer in the panel along the bottom, if my friends were shown in order of who is online first.
    It is more useful to see who is logged in first, if you need to chat or send invites.
    currently our guild is spread across several pages but usually there is not more than 9 of us logged on at once
    it would be more sensible to see who is on line than who is the highest level.

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 30.10.15 at 09:26.

World
    Newfoundland
    grrr that would make more calls to server = more instability i presume... i guess BB knows they need to work on performance/stability of server first.

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

World
    Sandycove
    i am not sure how it would add or subtract from performance? The little green dot already demands as much from the servers as it will ever do.
    I would have thought it would be a cut and paste of a command so that the display priority changed in a minor way?
    To be able to see who of your guild or your friends is active would be useful on lots of ways i would have thought

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    it is never a cut and paste easy peasy job

In this case you want a custom sort function (with multiple options) implemented where they only have a default 1 sort hardcoded in the software. So they need to tinker with that to refer to the sort preference and then sort out that all of that will work without bugging any display etc

Now if you meant, change the sort option to a different one that is hard coded, then your preference is not necesarily other peoples preference who will argue they prefer sorting on level and others alphabetical which opens a whole new can of worms

As to first option- sort options are nice, new content is nicer which kinda gives my priority where it should be on the list of things to do in the future- somewhere far far away

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by IMarduk View Post
    grrr that would make more calls to server = more instability i presume... i guess BB knows they need to work on performance/stability of server first.
    [censored] you obviously have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about

duboisdvoleur

Please do not use profanity on the forum.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 13.01.13 at 15:32.

World
    Sandycove
    more [censored] from someone who wants to pretend they have a brain..what i meant if your pathetic little brain can grasp this is that it is absolutely pointless having silly little pictures along the bottom of the screen unless they serve some useful function.the only useful function they could serve is to let us know who is available and logged in/on.who gives a damn what your level is if you only log on once a month?
    i look forward to positive comments from people who are capable of rational thought or even positive feedback which of course would exclude Nancy boy and malduck

duboisdvoleur

Make yourself familiar with the forum rules.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 07.04.13 at 14:19.

World
    Sandycove
    lol i would be agreeably suprised if either has done programming 101

World
    Sandycove
    this game as about having a chat and getting to know people and co operating on quest and adventures
    there is no point whatever in not displaying who is on line and available in the first instance
    ii would create an immediate improvement and cost a miniscule portion of any competent programmers time

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    You already have two filters: friends and guild friends. Why not a third filter that shows online users only?

Reply to Thread