Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade using gems on a pro-rata basis

World
    Sandycove

Upgrade using gems on a pro-rata basis

It's lovely having all these buildings that can now be upgraded to level 6, but on discussing this with a friend, we feel BB are likely missing out on a gems opportunity.

There are many people who would love to upgrade their Provision House or their Barracks, but the thought of waiting 7 days is off-putting, and the cost in gems expensive.

The alternative idea here is to set the upgrade off using the resources stated (granite and grout for instance), but at any point during that time have the option to fast-track the remaining time using gems but on a scaled down cost.

For example if it costs 7000 gems to upgrade 100%, and the building had already gone through 5 days in the resource cost option, allow the player to spend just 2000 gems to fast track it for the last 2 days.

Of course to keep it simple, if you opted to do this, you would still lose the initial resources, but at least the choice would be there.

I believe there are many more who would use this system rather than pay outright for a full 7 days with gems, so I think there is some value for BB to look into this as a future option.

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but if so I think it deserves a prod in BBs direction again

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    BB has a very bad policy regard using of gems. Allmost all upgrades are extremely expensive. They should redesign these prices,as i think that will bring them more money.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    The alternative idea here is to set the upgrade off using the resources stated (granite and grout for instance), but at any point during that time have the option to fast-track the remaining time using gems but on a scaled down cost.

For example if it costs 7000 gems to upgrade 100%, and the building had already gone through 5 days in the resource cost option, allow the player to spend just 2000 gems to fast track it for the last 2 days.
    do you mean like when you upgraded it the gem prize goes down at the beginning to an X amount and will go down every min/hour with a few down to 1 at the end ?

but a +1 already love the idea
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

World
    Sandycove
    yes; so the price reduces in relation to how much time is left on the upgrade

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    yes; so the price reduces in relation to how much time is left on the upgrade
    This has crossed my mind as well. If you are perhaps hours away and just can't wait, finish the building for some reduction in gem cost. I think it would make sense. I understand BB keeping the temptation/possibility out there because gems pay for everything we do, but this seems a reasonable compromise.

As far as taking a week to level up a building though, that's just the way it is. Sacrifices must be made sometimes for improvements.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    +1 great idea

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tasgog View Post
    BB has a very bad policy regard using of gems. Allmost all upgrades are extremely expensive. They should redesign these prices,as i think that will bring them more money.
    +1

I too think that the cost for fast tracking upgrades is prohibitively high and really bad economic thinking on BB's part. For instance it costs 11k to fast-track a barracks lv6 upgrade; otherwise the player is 'punished' by not having the full game to play for a week whilst the slow upgrade happens.

At 11k gems I would be amazed to hear if anyone other than the occasional super rich player, ever clicks the gem option by choice.

However I would happily pay 1k gems to upgrade to avoide the 7 day 'penalty' and I'll wager that at least 10 other people would too. So instead of no-one choosing 11k gems, 11 people have chosen 1k gems. More revenue BB - think about it!
    HOTFIX!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    I like this.

+1

I too think that the cost for fast tracking upgrades is prohibitively high and really bad economic thinking on BB's part. For instance it costs 11k to fast-track a barracks lv6 upgrade; otherwise the player is 'punished' by not having the full game to play for a week whilst the slow upgrade happens.

At 11k gems I would be amazed to hear if anyone other than the occasional super rich player, ever clicks the gem option by choice.

However I would happily pay 1k gems to upgrade to avoide the 7 day 'penalty' and I'll wager that at least 10 other people would too. So instead of no-one choosing 11k gems, 11 people have chosen 1k gems. More revenue BB - think about it!
    For a 1 time only thing I actually hit that upgrade, I also know others that did but your right in what your saying, The whole gem market needs an overhaul and it is generally false logic on BB's part to charge what they do both for upgrades and a lot of the stuff in the merchant.

Another game I played for a while recently actually had a better system for upgrades, the timer ran like a book does in the bookbinder with a long bar, the shop sold tokens of varying length from a few minutes to 48 hours. These could be used to take as much or as little as you wanted off the bar. They could also be earned as in-game rewards for quests and achievements. There was also a chance on a daily basis to roll a discount on them and other things from the merchant.

World
    Newfoundland

Pay gems to finish upgrading buildings

My friend just bought premium then upgrade the Elite Barracks by mistake; thus, she can't do adventures during the premium. Unfortunately, we don't have options to cancel or pay gems to finish the upgrading.

We can pay gems to finish the production in Barracks, Provision House, Bookbinder. How about we can also pay gems to finish upgrading earlier? Players have a way to fix their mistake, and it's good for your profit as well.

World
    Sandycove
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 08.01.17 at 20:25.

Reply to Thread