Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Gem prices

World
    Sandycove
    Worse yet.. One day the game will shut down. It wont run forever. As it is all conducted online through servers you will lose everything. Absolutley everything. I had invested heavily in a facebook game that recently shut down and wow, did that open my eyes or what?!! Blind as I was it was something I never considered. Now I am wary about online games that have no material prescence in the form of a disk or installation on your hard drive. You can bet its in the conditions they can shut it down with little or no notice!

So if you spend alot of money here just beware. Consider that it might be better getting poured down your neck and then ejected against a wall a few hours later!

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Heafrager View Post
    Worse yet.. One day the game will shut down. It wont run forever. As it is all conducted online through servers you will lose everything. Absolutley everything. I had invested heavily in a facebook game that recently shut down and wow, did that open my eyes or what?!! Blind as I was it was something I never considered. Now I am wary about online games that have no material prescence in the form of a disk or installation on your hard drive. You can bet its in the conditions they can shut it down with little or no notice!

So if you spend alot of money here just beware. Consider that it might be better getting poured down your neck and then ejected against a wall a few hours later!
    I don't think you have anything to worry about, it'll be many years before that happens.

Additionally all online games are server based such as WoW, Runescape, Guild Wars.. even Xbox games such as MW and Battlefield cannot survive online without a server and they are still going strong .

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i dont mind suport the game sure it cost me money but the prices is not to bad exsept for the 1 endless copper mines the rest is fair

Original Serf
    Ireland -where all the cool companies stash the cash
    World
    Northisle
    Having the vet makes the adventures a walk in the park and same adventures with same routines - stoped using the vet now he just relays 250 at a time to my war machine ther rest of the time i play with blocks with my 2 bhg's and 4 normal gens i get more enjoyment and a challange without the Vet
    Also stopped using R's as much and moved on to milita gives u more room to squeeze in extra xbs and cavs.

There's more than one way to skin a cat - who needs a vet - vets spoil it - return to old school ftw.

D............

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Additionally all online games are server based
    False.

And yes the gem prices are very steep when you compare them to the RRP of Triple-A titles.

Reply to Thread