Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worthless adventures - stop them

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle

Worthless adventures - stop them

Victor the Vicious, Secluded Experiments, Sons of the Veld... nobody plays them except when we are MADE to for a quest. Do something about it. Stop trying to FORCE us to play adventures we don't want to and find a way to make them more attractive to play. How hard can that be, eh? The devs know full well which advs we hate, so stop trying to force us to play them and change them so that we don't hate them.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I like those adventures. I do not want to rerun the Nords again and again and again ad infinitum.

Variety is good.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bob, wouldn't you think that it helps to come up with suggestions?
    Your asking how hard it can be to make them more attractive to play, but not a single suggestion how to do so.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Victor is decent. Secluded experiment on the other hand is completely useless and only suitable as a punishment.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Having a rare item as a loot option makes any adventure more worthwhile, just like the witch tower, white castle and dark castle.
    Increase the amount of granite and exotic wood and % chance of getting it instead of the worthless saltpeter and titanium ore and that will cover higher losses and time. Maybe even add more settlers as well.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    i for one love playing sons of the veld i find it a simple and easy adv to do..not everyone likes easy adv....

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SHADOW007LORD View Post
    i for one love playing sons of the veld i find it a simple and easy adv to do..not everyone likes easy adv....
    You're missing the point, some adventures can give you loot with value 500-2500gc with around 300 recruit losses, and sons of the veld gives the same loot with 5 times the losses and time. Secluded experiments takes even more troops and time with very low (epic) average loot value.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I made a suggestion on the test server a while ago that they should run a community competition to design a new adventure. No reply...

As for sons of the veldt - anyone who says the loot isn't good enough is the one missing the point: it's an EXPERIENCE adventure. And the experience you get is indeed quite high for the losses compared to other adventures.

The problem with SE is it just takes SO long to play

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Secluded experiments is an excellent adventure its not all about the loss to gain ratio. When you are level 50 (end of game player) its fun to play adventures like this just to pass time, also the chances of getting an angel gate make it more worthwhile.

I am offended you have included me in your suggestion by saying "no one" you cannot speak for everyone, I know there are many members who like these adventures just because you dont then just dont do them.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    So many players are hooked on the rewards and balancing the books giving no value to the higher xp gained, the enjoyment and achievement of completing a more difficult adventure. So BB i also request a bit better loot for these adventures so that I do not have to keep explaining why i enjoy them and do them. Many thanks

Closed Thread