Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Landmark reached

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry Landmark reached

Even with just a 3% chance, this really seems to be pushing the bounds of "how random is random?".

As most people probably know, my quest to earn a White Castle (Barbie House) from SFTR continues, and yesterday I completed my 440th attempt at the adventure, and got yet another iron refill. 0/440 really is starting to look like a bug, on average I might have collected 13 of these by now, but still yet to score a single one.

This might just be appalling luck, if a couple of other factors didn't also feature:
    Since the grotty update last November, we didn't just start to import bugs from the Test Server that were routinely ignored, but the loot drops from adventures and Explorer finds show a clear bias to E/Wood over Granite. Over 7 times more likely to get the former, is it any surprise that back then granite was trading close to 1gc per unit, now the Trade prices are considerably more?
    Also the Guild Quests, continually get stuck in the same old rut. It used to be Isle of Pirates, over and over again, now it is "experience 2 new adventures" 2/3 times or more.
    Considering there were supposedly 200 new Guild Quests added, what happened to the other 199?

The whole thing seems to get stuck when there's supposed to be a choice, instead of a random event, it appears more like some factor is sticking, much like a cached page.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Some get this 3% random event after their first invite to a lootspot on this adventure. How many of yours were started by you and how many were a lootspot?

On average you should get this within 20 adventures, and it would be nice to have a system that gives a better chance with every adventure that you don't have one.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    PJ, all bar 3 of them, I started myself.
    Only really did the LSs just to test if they might be more forgiving.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Um.., with a 3% chance, you should get a tower every 33 adventures, not every 20. ~ Nogbad knows his maths...

World
    Newfoundland
    Not sure BB have ever actually published the loot tables, not sure we have a valid way of knowing what the loot drop chances are
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    440? Wow! 68 was horrid enough until I got mine

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Not sure BB have ever actually published the loot tables, not sure we have a valid way of knowing what the loot drop chances are
    They have, we posted them up in this forum a long time ago, think we originally pinched them from the German forum.
    Most of the adv guides begin with the loot percentages for each spot, there are also several posts listing the explorer percentages, think SidV was the first to post one of these up.
    Tage includes them, and they also tie up with this post here:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-Loot-overview

But, as has been reported a number of times before, something got changed in an update last November, at about the same time we started importing bugs from the Test server. There has been a marked shift away from granite and favouring e/w, with my explorers it has gone from 50/50 to just above 7 times more likely that e/w will be found over granite.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 16.08.13 at 20:03.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    But, as has been reported a number of times before, something got changed in an update last November, at about the same time we started importing bugs from the Test server. There has been a marked shift away from granite and favouring e/w, with my explorers it has gone from 50/50 to just above 7 times more likely that e/w will be found over granite.
    The question is what are the odds on a server by server basis. In my case on Sandycove the odds do appear to be somewhere near the 50/50 mark.

World
    Sandycove
    we have 2 in guild who share sftr a lot, they have had the biggest ratio of white castles between them that ive heard of. Ill ask one of them to post their stats

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    They have, we posted them up in this forum a long time ago, think we originally pinched them from the German forum.
    Most of the adv guides begin with the loot percentages for each spot, there are also several posts listing the explorer percentages, think SidV was the first to post one of these up.
    Again, not sure BB have ever actually given out the information. If we've taken it from the German forum, where did they get it from? Likewise for SidV's explorer percentages
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread