Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Black Knights Event

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    And this reaction from BB again shows that they put no thought into this at all!!!

I completely disliked the event and was definitely against it continuing, but this abrupt discontinuation was rude to all players who didn't even have time to log in today (due to work, different time zones etc.). Instead of removing the black & white, which disrupted the game for some people, and apologizing to the rest who couldn't participate due to low level, they decided to cancel the event - a reaction which again was not thought through. I guess some things will never change...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    In hindsight: Overall it was a nice (but extremely short) event (despite all the comments I see above).

The black/white theme is funny, but it turns out is too challenging for some to see / play the game in Grey-mode. It would be good to limit it to the event adventure as it is taxing the eyes.
    The level 42 adventure cannot be played by all, and lower levels would have to rely on the plenty lootspots that are around to be given away.
    A One-building-per-player bonus in the 48-hours event time would be better/best. I managed to play BK 7 times. Two times I started it myself and the rest was played as looter, and I landed a building twice (bonechurch & witchtower). The mystery loot might have been in the announcement, and prevented much of the comments as it didn't seem to be worthwhile to many to play the BK adventure. The mock Shop items were prob. good for the April Fools version, but quit out of place (and immediate post on Forum helped clear it). I do hope people buying the gem-items were few, and are reimbursed for a purchase they'll like never get to use.

Looking forward to the next Settlers Online event, and hopefully one that lasts a bit longer GL.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by minoreva View Post
    Well count me in on that-I have spent loads of cash in this game. Yes and like I said,I have every right to also speak my piece-still sholdn´t stop event because players complain-send a buff who gives colours back on maps or just cancel the grey changes,keep event active
    Yes - giving colours back would solve it.
    Game is back- I am greatfull for that. About the event - not much to cheer for so I really dont care. I have been hoping for event because I need something new,- but this was certainly not what I have been hoping for.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    What was this all about. BB turned into kindergarten. Sorry, but this was really ridiculous and not necessary.
    One pissed customer more for sure. But i think BB dosent care at all.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Why not just have a Black Knight event where we are not plunged into darkness?

One where we could have actually collected tokens to get the different `Black Knight` adventures as outlined in the `joke`

Maybe those Black Knight adventures could have had a lower level option so those players could participate also.

Or some Black Knight themed scenarios aimed at all levels/abilities.

But, thank you BB for responding to the majority of those on forum and global/help who found the `event` to be a non-event. Especially, for those lower levels who could not participate and those with impaired vision.

Fingo_91
    In general I like the Idea of the event. Here 2 ideas for improvement for the future:

1. Communicate the benefit for the players - better than done here. Most of the players did not realise the additional loot.

2. Give the option to avoid the color change e.g. with an additional buff

PS: I sadly could not experience the event for long and hope that it will be repeated with some minor changes.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    So who gained from that mess of an event?

World
    Sandycove
    OK my thoughts on the short event

Hated the black as white soon as i was told how to get it off using winter paint on my island did that
    When i heard the adventures were all black and white as well i didnt do one on purpose.

loved the idea of the extra loot possible in BK could have got if i did want to do them with chance of the bone church or witch tower, it reminded me of the 3x loot in HB at easter type thing so think thats a good thing maybe if do things like that in adventures but please dont mess with the colours as it can make it harder and put some people off.

dont quite get the whole ducks thing and fake things in merchant (why do that it just confuses people) but loved the boxes i got some and from that got a few bk addys lol a few of the 2 types buffs lol but alos got 1 bone church 1 dc and 2 wt so was happy with that.

if maybe there had been a buff can get say to make addy maps normal like winter paint worked on my island i may have been more inclined to do bks to try get teh loots that way, i dunno say maybe the fairy star things if they had worked type thing or someting we coudl made in PH cheaply to get them for spamming BK addys
    although in normal events im one of those that will purposly try do any other addy over bk in events as know they normaly get hammered

BUT to start a BK you have to be lv40 ish which is unfair on lower levels unless they can get ls in it off someone if want to do it for all levels it would have to be a realy easy adventure ike i dunno HB again maybe like easter or wots or i dunno sftr or something also would have to be easly accessable in chest for MF for lower levels

as my feeling if you lower level odds are you not gonna have many spare gems/gc to buy ls or the gem stuff in chest to try get it that way so would be relying on other players geneorisity which again yes there are alot players that will do that but even when i was looking to see if i could buy in some winter paint things to give to my guildies if they wanted to use it people were asking stupid amount gc for them in TO ranging from 4.5-7,5k gc each. but i had forgot about sandman powder and anice person sent me 10 so i had them to hand out if i needed to guildies

so main negatives didnt last long and hate the black/white colour scheme also could leave out lower levels
    positives loved the fact could win buildings dont normaly in bk loots if i could been bothered to do a addy but the black/white put me off from doing that. loved the boxes even thogh now i have some buffs to make things black and white i wont be using like the little men in armour running around my island lol but now have some nice pop buildings as well at resonable cost i thought

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Last edited by Halerose; 24.07.17 at 15:31. Reason: removed

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    "You know how everyone hates Sandman Powder? Let's make something so bad Sandman Powder is the fix!"
    I don't hate the sandman powder, in fact I love it and use it all the time, much easier on my eyes than the original brightness.

Reply to Thread