Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Building Space - Dev Blog

World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Building Space - Dev Blog

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Building Space Dev Blog below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Ravel

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for making the complicated issues addressed more understandable. Can we get sight of the map areas affected by the changes please? Could this be in the form of a numbered blocks diagram - this would be useful for both sides where reporting of problems or suggestions require placement information - everyone's understanding of the map position referred to will make life simpler for both sides. Additionally a diagram of the blocks should enable effective placement of the larger buildings.

In order that we are able to tear down/move buildings where they are in conflict with the new setup can the areas be defined on the diagram please?

Good job so far guys and girls.

Thanks.
    Ball_Lightning

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Would it be possible for you to mark disabled building spots temporarily that I could see weather I need to move them?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't know why no single comparison map was provided but below is the one I quickly made to see the changes without playing where's waldo...

Map changes (1 MB)

Also if we are required to find and move buildings from the offending spots the game should temporarily show some sort of symbols in-game at those spots if they can be detected. Else I will just leave em where they are now since no problems have been so far.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 15.04.16 at 16:45.

World
    Northisle
    Thank you for the comparison map. Now I can actually see what changed
    Last edited by SillYcoNe; 15.04.16 at 17:12. Reason: typo

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for the explaining the changes. I appreciate you are working hard to produce something to please everyone. However would it not be easier to just remove the bushes that block areas for building giving us the opportunity to set up efficient production chains without having to work round the bushes. The optimum space is a grid of 9 places where normal sized buildings can be placed with a store in the centre and production around it. The less regular areas of the map can then be used for buildings that use bigger footprints such as Mag res, barracks etc that do not require a store attached. At present the few areas where we can set up a perfect production chain are also the only areas that can take the larger buildings.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    And all of that in simple language is? Written by someone who knows what they are on about in language which assumes others do too. Ought to assume that those reading it have no idea what you are on about from the start and explain in simple terms. I wonder how may saw the reference to red zones, blocks etc and either stopped reading or thought it was about camps on advs.

What would be more interesting to know is how do BB intend to address the problem that they now have different islands on the servers? Those of players who used the bug to their advantage and those who didn't or are new to the game and as such have less building spaces still.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 15.04.16 at 20:10.

Master of Strategy
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    What would be more interesting to know is how do BB intend to address the problem that they now have different islands on the servers? Those of players who used the bug to their advantage and those who didn't or are new to the game and as such have less building spaces still.
    Could you clarify what you mean, other than what was addressed in the final paragraphs of the Dev Blog

We don't want to remove buildings from your island. Instead we are giving you the choice to leave, move or tear down the building by yourself, keeping in mind the information above regarding the functionality of your buildings and your zone .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Houri3 View Post
    Could you clarify what you mean, other than what was addressed in the final paragraphs of the Dev Blog

Responsibility for achieving parity for players is being passed to them rather than the issue being resolved once and for all. All that is being said is that if they do not take down the buildings they may get zone errors etc, that does nothing to remove the mis-used building spots globally.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    A very wordy document, one which fails to consider that technical English may not be understandable by players for whom English is not their first language.

Secondly while you have provided us with the means to move offending buildings you have failed to provide us with any means of identifying which buildings are the offending ones, until you provide us with the means of identifying those buildings any attempts by yourselves to fix the problem are doomed to failure at the concept stage.

Thirdly you have failed to identify the issue of players who are away from the game for a period of time. Any fix for the problem must include them as failure to do so will result in the issue arising again when they return.

Seeing as a generic move week will always fail to address the issue I suggest the following. Offending buildings are tagged with say a Red shield similar to the Blue shield used for collectables. Players sent a special move buff which can only be used on tagged buildings. A merchant lockout similar to the early level tool and pop quests so that players with offending buildings can only use the merchant after said buildings are moved.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread