Reply to Thread

Thread: Retention of News Items etc.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Retention of News Items etc.

Why do all the messages disapear when you log off? If mines become depleated while off line why can't there be a notification in "News" when you log in again? At the moment you have to scoure the map to find anything that has become depleated. In other online games the messages and mail are preserved for at least 5 days and messages are added even when off line.

Also why is there no record of trade offers made? Because some people can take a while to respond you inveriably forget what it is you have asked for and what you have paid.

Is there ever going to be a facility to enable you to see exactly what buildings you have?

Enough to be going on with!!!

Delwell

World
    Newfoundland
    btw when you log in if a mine has been depleted then it will say so with a notification up the top right

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've not noticed that notification. So it appears in the top right of the window?

I was wondering if we could just have a message waiting for us with all the notifications. Or if that is too difficult, individual messages for each notification.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by marlock View Post
    btw when you log in if a mine has been depleted then it will say so with a notification up the top right
    I logged in today to find 5 iron/coal/copper mines empty along with a number of marble mines depleted. No sign at the top right. The fact that my building licenses had increased indicated that my I/C/C mines had gone but had to hunt around to see if anything else was gone. Found a couple of wheat fields and wells defunct aswell.

World
    Newfoundland
    That's all part of the beauty of the game. It would be pretty boring if the computer took care of everything for you and took away the need for you to think.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    That's all part of the beauty of the game. It would be pretty boring if the computer took care of everything for you and took away the need for you to think.
    Checking the whole map every 30 mins is not thinking. It's boring and should be changed.

I agree totally that having the computer automatically take care of everything would be wrong. But improving the interface with usefull information is what makes a game better without damaging the gameplay.

Reply to Thread