Reply to Thread

Thread: Why does Ubisoft send me e-mails with invalid voucher codes?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Why does Ubisoft send me e-mails with invalid voucher codes?

Last evening I received an e-mail from Ubisoft with a voucher code, but when I try to redeem it, it says the code is invalid. This also happened some time ago, with the introduction of the science system. Another strange thing is that the mails are written in Dutch. I do live in the Netherlands, but as far as I know, I never changed any language setting (is there even one?) to Dutch.

Now my suspicion is the codes I get in the mail are intended for the Dutch server and only work there. But it remains weird, since I don't have and never had an account on the Dutch server (and no intent of creating one either). I only have an account on the Newfoundland server (and on the test server).

Any ideas what's going on, anyone? Should I contact support for this?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have the same problem

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tommie View Post
    Last evening I received an e-mail from Ubisoft with a voucher code, but when I try to redeem it, it says the code is invalid. This also happened some time ago, with the introduction of the science system. Another strange thing is that the mails are written in Dutch. I do live in the Netherlands, but as far as I know, I never changed any language setting (is there even one?) to Dutch.

Now my suspicion is the codes I get in the mail are intended for the Dutch server and only work there. But it remains weird, since I don't have and never had an account on the Dutch server (and no intent of creating one either). I only have an account on the Newfoundland server (and on the test server).

Any ideas what's going on, anyone? Should I contact support for this?
    Yes, please tell them.
    The system is clearly picking up your personal location, when instead it should be targetting the server that you play on.
    A ticket will help them locate and fix this.
    meanwhile, the codes are being posted in the general section of the forum, in case anyone misses them.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The code worked for me, in the email there was an asterix (*) in the code, you have to remove that.

72F-356A-4244

It's just changes some buildings to retro graphics for 5 days I think....I was so impressed I can't remember

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I already got the right code for the retro building buffs via my guild. The code in my mail was really a different one (A26-2736-FD34, doesn't work on the EU servers, at least not for me). I've contacted support now.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    6-7-2013 I got email in game Freyjamoon subject codes,1e email 382-6C4D-f2A4 and 6f3c-6e8-abf4 other than that its the one on the homepage 2e email 757-3DCA-C6C4.
    6-7-2013 Direct i try these codes result 1 redeemed, 2 expired. What is this? Who is Freyjamoon?
    Last edited by hullekes; 06.07.13 at 04:58.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Obviously there is at least 1 person spamming other players with mails containing codes. The correct response to this is to take note of that player's name and report them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Don't forget these codes also expire after a certain amount of time
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread