Reply to Thread

Thread: help needed with generals skill tree

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

help needed with generals skill tree

i havent played for a while now so havent really followed the best route when it comes to skilling your gens so what seems to be the route most players are following?

seems first aid and jog are a must for all gens? after that i aint sure and i have about 30 gens to skill up.. also noticed quartermaster gens can have there own little upgrades does the travel time allow claus to return faster

any help would be appreciated

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    1st aid and jog yes. i have juggernaut on my mg's. most players think this is pointless but i reckon if splash damage is good enuff for mma it's good enuff for e1. seems to me u should just pick the skills u like the look of. as always with settlers there is no right or wrong way

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    1st aid and jog yes. i have juggernaut on my mg's. most players think this is pointless but i reckon if splash damage is good enuff for mma it's good enuff for e1.
    The problem with it is target priority, MMA attacks weakest meaning that extra 30 dmg is 3 more bowmen-like units killed or 6 more cavalry (or maybe half of a strong unit when you sacrificing it on Ali adventures). Most of other generals do not, meaning that the damage usually makes a difference between killing one fronline unit and killing one and scratching the second one (since they are usually much more beeffy than bowmen). Its arguable whether it makes sense spending 3 manuscripts on that.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    thx for the info sparks. i understand when others explain but no way can i work this stuff out myself lol...
    a big thank you to all the guide makers

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I went with a modified build of EvilJ's since I like his guides:

Majors/vargus/anslem

Moved 2 points from navigation to xp since I don't mind waiting a couple minutes more, and get some free xp in return. Those 2 points can be freely moved to anything you like without breaking compatibility with evilj's guides.

Nusala

Really different from Evilj's setup. the points in 3/3 faster ressurection beat the top codex skill for 1x rez per adv as long as there is ~1hr between nusala sacs.
    and maximum bow-ness since I have a ton of longbows/bows. Though admittedly, there arent many camps to use it on as nusala doesn't grant bowmen first strike and many camps in AB have first strike. So unless you have a lot of longbows/bows, You might want to move points around elsewhere.

MMA's:
    Since we now have 8 MMA's max, I skilled 2 of them like this

with the other 6 TBD..

World
    Newfoundland
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have an actual example of a situation where reducing round time changes anything (ie. opens up a new block), or do people simply spend books on it because it "feels" useful ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have an actual example of a situation where reducing round time changes anything (ie. opens up a new block), or do people simply spend books on it because it "feels" useful ?
    It's not hard to find situations where it's possible to add a sac-wave.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    It's going to take awhile before new blocks appear, at the moment I suspect most of the guide development is going in the direction of troop loss reduction. What it is doing at the moment is reducing the risk factor on risky blocks, it along with the effects of the other skills notably jog and nav is also reducing the time it takes to run a adventure.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    For high level players who mostly find themselves doing the same few adventures (EQ chains and ABs), there are only a few generals who do all the killing, the rest are there purely as sacrificial waves or blockers. To that end, the best build is going to change a lot even from level 45ish (when you are mostly doing FTs and fast epics) up to 55+ when all the elites are available and ABs become viable.

It also means that I can skill some generals up in completely pointless ways just to get the various achievements because I don't really care about the exact skills they have as long as they don't break anything. For my MGs, Champions and maybe a few MMAs however the build is a lot more important and it's mostly (for me) about minimising downtime. But fine, I'l give a random BHG all the skills that boost archers or something, it makes no difference to how he will be used.

Some skills also look more interesting for tavern generals when you view them through that lens. For example I'm quite interested in the resurrection skill (can't remember the exact name and the game is down for maintenance at the moment - it's in the top rank and your general recovers instantly from the first loss per adventure) for my tavern generals because it basically doubles the amount of tavern generals available. As they are often used for 1r blocks, it lets me go through adventures with a lot of 1r blocks without needing to wait for recovery timers. Or it lets me send fewer of them to an adventure, meaning that I have enough sitting at home to send directly to the next adventure without waiting for them all to come home first.

Reply to Thread