Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mobile devices

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

mobile devices

it doesn't work on my phone...

is this just a slow loading issue or is it not designed to work on android devices?

being mobile is the only selling point to staying in a browser as far as i can see.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    it doesn't work on my phone...

is this just a slow loading issue or is it not designed to work on android devices?

being mobile is the only selling point to staying in a browser as far as i can see.
    QuoteQuote from BB_Kumakun View post
    Mobile support (Android / IoS):
    As I have been sharing since 2015, "The Settlers Online" is not supported by mobile devices. Even before Unity, with Flash, this was the case and we commented on it. It was possible with a few tricks by players, but associated with various problems. This won't change with Unity and you can check it out for yourself on the official Unity WebGl support page, which says:
    "Please note that Unity WebGL content is currently not supported on mobile devices. End devices, but many current devices are not powerful enough and do not have enough memory to support Unity WebGL content well. "

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    QuoteQuote from BB_Kumakun View post
    Mobile support (Android / IoS):
    As I have been sharing since 2015, "The Settlers Online" is not supported by mobile devices. Even before Unity, with Flash, this was the case and we commented on it. It was possible with a few tricks by players, but associated with various problems. This won't change with Unity and you can check it out for yourself on the official Unity WebGl support page, which says:
    "Please note that Unity WebGL content is currently not supported on mobile devices. End devices, but many current devices are not powerful enough and do not have enough memory to support Unity WebGL content well. "
    Like the rest of us BB_Kumakun is entitled to have his view but that does not automatically make his viewpoint the right viewpoint on the matter. The only so called trick required in the past was to have one of a certain list of browsers installed. That's not dark wizardry, it's standard practice no matter if your device is mobile or a desktop/laptop.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    This way they wash their hands and don't have to listen to people whining about it not working the way they want.

They did the same with regards to blocking and lootspots.

World
    Newfoundland
    It would have been nice but it's not working on iPad..
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySafeunderdark View Post
    It would have been nice but it's not working on iPad..
    Seen others on the german forums say it is working on Ipads

qawpaw
    it works in safari without any problems

but games are meant to be played on a pc

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    games are meant to be played on a pc
    Yeah, killer playing tetris on a handheld device, and as for angry birds, candy crush etc, well they MUST be on a PC- not. Could suggest more examples but 10/10 for the daftest comment this year - so far
    Last edited by lordloocan; 03.05.21 at 17:58.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Yeah, killer playing tetris on a handheld device, and as for angry birds, candy crush etc, well they MUST be on a PC- not. Could suggest more examples but 10/10 for the daftest comment this year - so far
    It's not daft at all. The question is, were the games designed to run on a mobile device or pad? Your examples were. This has probably not yet been optimised to do so. Especially not on low end on devices. If you got a high end pad wouldn't surprise if you can get it to run. If you still running an ipad2 might struggle somewhat.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have tested on my Samsung Tab A (Android). I have tried Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Puffin - with each I ensured the passed the WebGL test. I then updated the config with the recommended settings for WebGL, Hardware acceleration, software Rendering flags and there were other recommended options to try. Nothing worked. I do not get the past the first progress bar screen and do not get to see the startup splash screen normally shown for TSO.

I am still looking for potential browsers and settings which may enable this to function. The GPU implies that the hardware should be able to cope with Unity

Reply to Thread