Thread: Live date for UNITY

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Live date for UNITY

I see from the news page

Unity Version Release Schedule
    Dear Settlers,

Today, we are proud to announce the final dates for “The Settlers Online” to go public with the Unity Version. With the new version, our beloved game will finally be playable in the browser again, hooray!

The dates for the Unity version to release are as follows:

20th of July: All International Servers (except German)
    21st of July: German Servers
    We'd like to again thank you for your support and especially your help in diligently testing the Unity Version on our test server. We have already fixed many of the issues you reported and further improved the new version’s performance. Rest assured that we won’t slow down and will continuously work on improvements after release.

But for now, let us celebrate having all set up for a very bright future for “The Settlers Online”!

Your “The Settlers Online” Team

Which is great guessing the rest of the world servers gets theirs first as they dont want to annoy the german servers when it goes belly up there are still loads of bugs that havent been addressed yet and they may of fixed them but as no one has had a chance to actually test that there prob still bugged

qawpaw
    congrats BB

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    It's coming home
    It's coming home
    Unity is coming home

So long ago they told us
    Flash was going to end
    BB have dragged their heels
    Sending us all round the bend

But.....

It's coming home
    It's coming home
    Unity is coming home

Been 3 years in the making
    Just hope it's worth the waiting
    Players might reappear
    Let's hope that they all hear

That...

It's coming home
    It's coming home
    Unity is coming home
    It's coming home
    It's coming home
    And old friends are coming home

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    If it is as now - then nothing to cheer. as long as it is worse than what is - don't implement it please.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    Which is great guessing the rest of the world servers gets theirs first as they dont want to annoy the german servers
    You forgot that the America Latin servers are the first to receive the Unity version, even before international servers
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 09.07.21 at 07:41.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    You forgot that the America Latin servers are the first to receive the Unity version, even before international servers
    Hardly anyone plays on most of the other servers judging from their forums which can weeks passed before anyone says writes anything

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    No, we haven't forgotten.
    Staggered rollouts like this usually mean BB are not confident, so they make us the guinea pigs so if it goes belly up, the "most favoured nation" either gets the patched version, or a delay until a fix is available.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    makes economic sense as thats by far the biggest market for them

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    makes economic sense as thats by far the biggest market for them
    Wwll I cant see that, I am afraid it will scare away the last paying customers.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The discussion about the release time of each instance can be over as the German instance will receive an update together with all international instances (20th of July).

I would like to add one more note to the Unity Version release.

The Live Unity Version will still have some issues/bugs but these will be mostly graphical issues which can be annoying but will not limit your ability to play or perform any actions in the game. The main issues which we had on the test server aka "Game Breaking" have been fixed (memory issues, loading issues, and so on).

After the release, we will closely monitor all the new reports, and the work on the Unity version will continue.

Reply to Thread