Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Price of adventures in merchant

World
    Newfoundland
    You lot really make me laugh.

When the prices for resources and lootspots increases in the trade office by players, nobody says anything and just accepts it as inflation, but when BB does it you create a thread to complain.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post

When the prices for resources and lootspots increases in the trade office by players, nobody says anything and just accepts it as inflation, but when BB does it you create a thread to complain.
    That would be because I never buy any resources or lootspots from the trade office so they can do what they like with those prices and I wouldn't notice. I do, however, gift adventures to lower levels in the guild so do see those prices.

World
    Sandycove

Its the lack of reporting of it, and the sneaky way BB have gone about it, straight after event with no mention of it in change log. There is no reason for it and if BB did have a reason for it ( and it was valid ) why did they not be upfront with us and get feedback before going a head with it?
    To do it on the sly says it all, and this is not the first time! But rather than learn from past mistakes they still seem to plough on regardless in the vain hope no one will notice, well we did, and it does not make them look good. TO prices always have player influence,and rarely have a longterm effect on gameplay of others. Merchant prices are solely under the control of BB and does have a longterm effect on player gameplay choices. ( Given BB often ridiculous pricing policy in merchant with no real link to game prices. We as players should not just take what they throw out there and accept it, as has often been said in the past, there understanding of their own game sometimes beggars belief when it comes to things like merchant prices. So one has to ask why they did not consult those with the knowledge before implementing this change )
    I said in chat that I wondered if I had been caught in a time warp and gone back three years, as it seems BB had gone back to the dark times as this sort of thing was rife during that period. Devs making changes to suit their idea of the game regardless of the player base...it cost you a lot of players back then, and you really haven't got that luxury any more. Most of your players now, I'm sure appreciate new content, yes, but still like to play the game THEIR way. If you ( BB) explain what your doing , I like most here will give it a go and understand what part the changes mean for the game. But really you should do this before implementing it into the live game so any miscalculations on your part can be corrected. Sneaking it in is not the way to do it and shows little respect for your players, but I said this the last time and it seems it fell on deaf ears
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove

And you talk out the back of your beard - read the post.. Its BB setting the prices, not the players

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

You are absolutely out of topic - please dont stir conflict uselessly. As said by Thejollyone, you are mixing completely different subjects.

Just witnessed myself the sudden change of cost in map fragments. That, on top of the failed introduction of the weekly challenges, is quite outrageous. To be a little flaming, are you just sick of working on this game and want the community to search for greener pastures? For newer players, adventures are already quite impossible to get (the number of map fragments that explorers bring is just ridiculously low, and the number of addys they bring is just the same). Increasing their price suddenly and without notice is just unacceptable...
    Last edited by Kelza; 21.11.18 at 19:22.

World
    Sandycove
    ok so i look in shop to get wots yeah im lazy i do pinky ponk big letters things get the 2 addys quest wots east one to do anyways just load nus send to tower job done but when looking in shop some didnt look right

i know i dont do rb addys and normally give mine away in guild or gift them and yeah i can make mf so not no big prob there but what about little levels they might not have the fattys to find addys or mf and they not gonna have rph to make them really will they neither

kinda seems abit baiased towards people that can make them over them that cant coz unless they have good mates that can send them or in a guild to maybe get some addys they gonna be snookered if have to do certain ones to buy in shop and cant coz no way to get the mf to do it
    when your a lower level you dont have the gc to send fattys addy hunting all the time so seems kinda unfair on them i think and thos mid range levels maybe that also dont have loads mf coz we know how fast you can level up these days.

maybe its a way for smurfs to try slow the level up rate down i dunno but seems a bit weird coz i cant remember it being said anywhere they was going up in price

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Settlers! You have been heard!
    I would like to make everyone aware that the cost of Map Fragments has reverted to their previous prices.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    [16:34] BB_Acadma2: Can someone place some of the price differences you noticed, how much and where, in the Forum post please?
    [16:35] BB_Acadma2: I'll bring it to the attention of the right people
    Hope this is some kind of a failed joke. BB doesnt know what they themselves have changed? BB doesnt have access to their own games last version and has to relay on players to remind them?

Ok then Ill take the bait. As far as I can remember Witch of the swamp cost 15 map fragments; Treasure of wisdom 495; Return to bandits nest 995. Also the gem pit limit was 42 and it cost 1337 gems each.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Hope this is some kind of a failed joke. BB doesnt know what they themselves have changed? BB doesnt have access to their own games last version and has to relay on players to remind them?

Ok then Ill take the bait. As far as I can remember Witch of the swamp cost 15 map fragments; Treasure of wisdom 495; Return to bandits nest 995. Also the gem pit limit was 42 and it cost 1337 gems each.
    Superb.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post

I am not a developer. I am the GM/CM and I don't keep records of such things. I only asked so that you all would have some sort of voice as to what you thought the prices were. There were huge discrepancies in the prices you and others are mentioned. So, I am sure that the devs aren't relying on your memory to adjust the prices. What has reverted back is what was there previously.

Reply to Thread