Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Ali Baba Epic Raids

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    If it hasn't been mentioned yet, the biggest bottleneck for most players is the population limit. This is currently being shared with PVP troops as well. Any way to get a message to the developers to help players with this issue?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Now that the Level Cap raise has been revealed, don't you guys feel that the Ali Baba Epic Raids might end up being easier to complete than you originally thought?

That does assume that the level cap rise actually happens.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    bb ravel i am content with the upcoming levelcap. it might help to get some guildies back to play more

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLANDHOLLANDER View Post
    bb ravel i am content with the upcoming levelcap. it might help to get some guildies back to play more
    Yep, very excited about all this new content, well done BB

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Now that the Level Cap raise has been revealed, don't you guys feel that the Ali Baba Epic Raids might end up being easier to complete than you originally thought?
    That is hard to tell, biggest issue is the amount of titan ore we can get, as we only get it from doing adventures and a little bit from explorers and the time it takes for troops to cook. If the time and effort needed to be able to do the alibaba - exceeds that for doing fariy talles - then count me out.

I really dont like the way BB communicates. Telling us little bits of information ad making it in to a guessing contest.

World
    Sandycove
    Originally Posted by BB_Ravel:

The level cap rise does nothing directly to influence how difficult or not the new raids are going to be judged. What comes with the level cap rise and what influence it has on doing these addy's will be how they are judged by the players and how they are `Balanced' around what we have available to do them, at the time they are released. I've defended them as they are currently on test ONLY because, and this time I'm taken the dev team at their word, that they are an early proposal and want player input on `difficulty'.
    If they follow the Fairytale pattern, of a large resource sink with no extra challenge and just another `exclusive' resource which soon becomes useless as reward. It will not meet the need for many of the players for doing something fun to warrant staying for another 25 levels.
    As I said earlier:
    A more challenging adventure set up, using a broad spectrum of troop configurations ( and yes losses) but with better balance to the rest of the economy, and that means loots and with re-building times matched up ( higher level barracks/ more availability of elite and cannon building resources in game/ General skill tree / more medi packs in game or a means for us to make them ).
    You can not just add another adventure chain requiring higher value losses by the player with the current set up, and expect the players to enjoy the experience, when at the end the loot doesn't justify those losses, and any fun obtained is lost in the enormous rebuilding time before you can do it again.
    I hope that the team is mindful of the mistakes of the past by rushing a narrowly focused change into the game without thinking through all the repercussions on the `economics' of the game in the long term.
    For instance, in order to meet these ever increasing strengths of enemy abilities ( splash damage) we are either going to need a better class of troops , or a general skill tree to improve the abilities of the current troops under their command.....This would need more books.....the cost of books and production times with the current high level player having skilled many of their geo's and explorers will be too high and too slow to make to make a difference , so unless books become available in loot, the first hurdle may be too high for the majority of players to keep them in the game ( Going from level 35 to 45 springs to mind as many players quit around there for similar reasons )
    I hope that there is a better staged introduction of this new content to indicate a progressive path rather than a throw it out and we will fix it later attitude, as I'm sure many players are fed up with the latter.
    Whilst hinting at new content is good I haven't quite grasped why we are being asked to comment on the difficulty of new content when we are told it is far from set, and without knowledge of other content yet to be added or even hinted at which could perhaps reduce the difficulty in the future 25 levels.....Being cynical and based on past experience it would be easy for me to say that we may have to struggle on for another ten levels with the current troop/ general configuration. Only getting access to a stronger troop type /bigger general at level 60 after doing 1M minimum Ali Baba raids to get there.......But for now I'll just remain optimistic and see how test progresses
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    The level cap rise does nothing directly to influence how difficult or not the new raids are going to be judged. What comes with the level cap rise and what influence it has on doing these addy's will be how they are judged by the players and how they are `Balanced' around what we have available to do them, at the time they are released. I've defended them as they are currently on test ONLY because, and this time I'm taken the dev team at their word, that they are an early proposal and want player input on `difficulty'.
    If they follow the Fairytale pattern, of a large resource sink with no extra challenge and just another `exclusive' resource which soon becomes useless as reward. It will not meet the need for many of the players for doing something fun to warrant staying for another 25 levels.
    As I said earlier:
    A more challenging adventure set up, using a broad spectrum of troop configurations ( and yes losses) but with better balance to the rest of the economy, and that means loots and with re-building times matched up ( higher level barracks/ more availability of elite and cannon building resources in game/ General skill tree / more medi packs in game or a means for us to make them ).
    You can not just add another adventure chain requiring higher value losses by the player with the current set up, and expect the players to enjoy the experience, when at the end the loot doesn't justify those losses, and any fun obtained is lost in the enormous rebuilding time before you can do it again.
    I agree and would like to add an old suggestion to solve that (and more)..
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    If BB would also add XP gain for lost troops in won battles, that would make..
    • blocking an alternative instead of the ultimate way
    • losing troops in Epic Raid advs a little less hurtful.
    and by restricting it to won battles, it won't easilly be exploited.
    (from 29097-Feedback-Battle-System-Re-Balancing)

I hope that the team is mindful of the mistakes of the past by rushing a narrowly focused change into the game without thinking through all the repercussions on the `economics' of the game in the long term.
    For instance, in order to meet these ever increasing strengths of enemy abilities ( splash damage) we are either going to need a better class of troops , or a general skill tree to improve the abilities of the current troops under their command.....This would need more books.....the cost of books and production times with the current high level player having skilled many of their geo's and explorers will be too high and too slow to make to make a difference , so unless books become available in loot, the first hurdle may be too high for the majority of players to keep them in the game ( Going from level 35 to 45 springs to mind as many players quit around there for similar reasons )
    I think we will be able to upgrade Barracks and Bookbinder to 6 and perhaps to 7..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    So there is life after 50 after all. )

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    The level cap rise does nothing directly to influence how difficult or not the new raids are going to be judged.... (and lots of other very good points!)
    Another one of those rare forums posts that accurately sums up pretty much all my thoughts on a topic.
    Just leaving a "+1" seems wholly inadequate, so many thanks for your post Larili... I would only add this:

The fact that you posted elsewhere that the level cap increase "has not even hit the test servers yet", we simply don't have anywhere near enough information to consider that possibility... and given the fact that last year's (so-called) 'loot re-balancing' only served to demonstrate that not only do the developers have no clue about how to balance risk with reward, but neither have they exhibited a willingness to revisit the bad decisions made in that update and attempt to correct them, so it is easy to be pessimistic about new adventure content.

So, in a word, the answer to your question is quite simply, "no".
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 09.08.15 at 15:50.

World
    Sandycove
    Several comments were moved to the thread "Levels 50-75" since these features were discussed there as well. Please keep this thread for feedback the Ali Baba Epic Raids only.

Thank you,
    Fexno

Reply to Thread