Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Refill, Rebuild or Buy?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Refill, Rebuild or Buy?

Using all the deposits that my island has to offer, I can say that the iron mines can be a pain to maintain, for me anyway. I would just like your thoughts on the pros and cons regarding either rebuilding and upgrading them, using special mines and refilling them or buying the ore or deposits from TO. Or even buying iron bars from TO.

Zacar
    I like rebuilding most iron mines and upgrading to level 3/4 using a aunt irma's feast on them. its most economical for me and gives me plenty of ore and my island makes enough tools,wood, marble its not an issue to keep rebuilding as they fall.

I've got a few of the special mines I refill so I'm always producing even if all my normal mines collapse and I can keep up with the few refills needed. I try and run golden ribbons on the special mines.

I always run a 2x's buff on my normal mines.

arctic mine doesn't use a build license so its good if you are short on those and don't mind refilling.
    industrial mine is good for maximizing your ore output since its a Level 7 building as long as you don't mind using lots of refills and you probably should be using a a mining guide as often as possible.

copper mines I run at level 4 as best for me and try and get the fast mining ones.

gold mines I rebuild and run at level 3 with a aunt irma's buff. for the fast mining ones I find I'll run at level 3/4 with a gold fever if possible and sometimes top it off with a bit of ore so it lasts the whole buff. If I have a bunch going I like having a mining guide going also.
    Last edited by Zacar; 25.09.17 at 17:40.

Brotherjon
    I tend to build up iron mines to lvl 2, then x2 buff with feast, run them down and then rediscover deposit. Last time I looked into it, it seemed better to sell off any iron deposits I had in exchange for three times the iron ore. People seem willing to do that, maybe adding mining guide helps but I can't see how it works out better. You can also get ore from trade by using granite as payment, something you don't have to rebuild mines for. But that's only if you're at that level and no longer need as much granite. Getting hold of iron bars from TO is also a good option, but not buying direct, buy in bulk and offer 60% or so worth of gold coins than its currently selling for.

For gold mines I also find, build, lvl to 3, then let them run out. No matter how I cut it I can't see how using a gold refill is the best option, when they sell for over 2x their face value, but the ore mined is worth less than half the gold value.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Iron plan:
    1. hard
    2. easy

1. Hard - buy Jolly Geologist and upgrade to find 2 Iron depos at once + bigger mines + Quality Copper Shafts + all what will help for normal Iron+Copper mines (beside to find mined ore, only faster-bigger mines and short search). Upgrade Toolsmakers, minimum 3 or 4 buildings level 5 or if you can lvl 6 buildings, make more tools and upgrade Copper + Iron mines to lvl 5, use any buff = lot of ore.

2. Easy - do Bandit Nest adventure (there is ultra fast version, depends which Generals you have), very easy to do and lot of refils there (even for trade) + buy on TO Industrial Iron mine..

Use Provision House 24/7 to make from stone = more marble ... have only 1-2 marble and 3-8 stone masons, stone to find with Jolly 48 seconds, while marble 10 min with fully Jolly geologist...so more stone = better. Also, more copper ore (buy from TO), use PH and convert Copper to the Iron ore

Gl
    Last edited by Davor11; 25.09.17 at 20:45.

World
    Sandycove
    Very hard to say - it depends on your iron needs. Generally, I leave them at level 1 (except for the 3 800 deep mines I can find which I level to 2) and then put feasts on them. That keeps them around for a while. All my refills go into my Industrial Iron Mine and my Arctic Iron Mine for when I need a surge. But I don't run all my iron smelters all the time so I don't need that much iron on an ongoing basis.

I am always good on hardwood planks and marble so rebuilding the iron mines seems the easier way to go for me.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Davor11 View Post
    Iron plan:
    1. hard
    2. easy

1. Hard - buy Jolly Geologist and upgrade to find 2 Iron depos at once + bigger mines + Quality Copper Shafts + all what will help for normal Iron+Copper mines (beside to find mined ore, only faster-bigger mines and short search). Upgrade Toolsmakers, minimum 3 or 4 buildings level 5 or if you can lvl 6 buildings, make more tools and upgrade Copper + Iron mines to lvl 5, use any buff = lot of ore.

2. Easy - do Bandit Nest adventure (there is ultra fast version, depends which Generals you have), very easy to do and lot of refils there (even for trade) + buy on TO Industrial Iron mine..

Use Provision House 24/7 to make from stone = more marble ... have only 1-2 marble and 3-8 stone masons, stone to find with Jolly 48 seconds, while marble 10 min with fully Jolly geologist...so more stone = better. Also, more copper ore (buy from TO), use PH and convert Copper to the Iron ore

Gl
    whats the ultra fast version of bandits nest

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    TYVM for all your imput guys. It has helped me a lot I have given this a lot of thought and for my situation I think I will buy the ore from trade as atm I only need 20k a day which is around 3-4k coins which I can get from selling other resources and the resources I save from building mines on a daily basis. I have found it easier, quicker and cheaper to do.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I have plenty of building licenses so I always have max number of iron mines running at lvl1 with feasts. I dont need many tools for this and my iron chain runs fine, including keeping up with the silly amounts for pvp. this is a lot easier and more simple than trying to maintain special mines and all deposits can be traded.

World
    Northisle
    I have plenty licences too, so always run all the iron mines, at level 1 with no buffs. I sometimes think if I don't come on to find and build iron mines, I would have little else to do. I don't use ind. or arctic mines as they run out too quickly so are a waste. I have a pile of refills in star and seldom use them or sell them. I'm just not that focussed to eke every last iota of efficiency out of anything. But my iron chain runs fine and I have plenty iron and bars, and service all the weapons etc I need to.

I almost never run the gold chain. Gold mines are mostly industrial or level 5 and refilled to 20k odd, with a couple left at level one to use for quests or whatever comes along. All turned off atm. I don't run the granite, titanium or salt mines either unless I have plenty refills in them. Then run them with rainbow snows now and then. Titanium and salt are level 5 or industrial.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueyonder View Post
    I don't run the granite, titanium or salt mines either unless I have plenty refills in them. Then run them with rainbow snows now and then. Titanium and salt are level 5 or industrial.
    Kind of pointless to not run granite quarries and to waste rainbow bags on them since the only thing it takes is to send geologists over night or once or twice during a day.

If buildings are properly upgraded the production will surpass the consumption even if you run quarries on regular x2 buffs and the deposits are down half of the time.

Reply to Thread