Reply to Thread

Thread: Countdown timer for events

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb Countdown timer for events

We already have a countdown timers until event end, what we don't have is a countdown timer until a event starts. Seeing as we get such a timer until happy hour finishes I suggest a count down until event starts on the front page.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    +1, nice idea.

World
    Sandycove
    -1 cant see why this would be needed - BB clearly announces event start date/time

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-vicious View Post
    -1 cant see why this would be needed - BB clearly announces event start date/time
    So why do we see so many asking the question in Global/Help. We also have the issue of those whom have little grasp of the English language, the several pages of text of which typifies the Dev dairy's not exactly a user friendly means of imparting the information for them.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

(Sorry, I'm not gonna change my opinion on matter like this..)
    Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    We even have players coming into help asking when will events start days after the event has started despite the small pop-up telling then that it has during the log in when the game brings you back up to date with what's happened while you was off line. Clearly no amount of effort is enough to keep some players informed.
    True, but still I see "potentials" here in providing the right info. It's not like there's no typos et c in this game.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    So why do we see so many asking the question in Global/Help. We also have the issue of those whom have little grasp of the English language, the several pages of text of which typifies the Dev dairy's not exactly a user friendly means of imparting the information for them.
    Because they don't read the forums. So far I haven't seen anyone asking about this in not-so-good english and really, if the format that's used isn't user-friendly concerning that dates, I don't know what is. You don't even need to scroll down at all!
    Come join HOWL one of the best guilds in Northisle. Don't be scared, we don't bite (much)!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I think they do now do a timer for end of events, it's just that people don't understand it for some reason, different time zones?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I use a natty little gadget called a calendar...

how about a countdown timer for when server goes offline to fix the bugs created in each event?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I use a natty little gadget called a calendar...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread