Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof the German servers (and possibly others) HAVE used an exploit in EOTW

World
    Newfoundland

Proof the German servers (and possibly others) HAVE used an exploit in EOTW

So BB, you shut our threads down and your mods made posts that implied that we're all paranoid and bitter about the state of the EOTW leaderboard. But here is a post from the German forums that proves they've been using an exploit, and they admit it.

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...l=1#post722704

For those of you who don't speak German, basically they've been cancelling the adventure after the first sub-quest, and this has been counting towards their total. Which is probably why they're streets ahead of the rest of us.

We pointed out to BB not long after the event started that this was a glitch and it was being exploited, but they shut all talk down. I said in G-4 that if people were cheating it would all come out somehow. Either BB would have to admit it (I still believe in Christmas miracles) or the perpetrators would start bragging about it. And here we are.

This event was a sham from the get go, with young, low level servers pitted against old, high level servers. Even if it glitch-free, some of us never stood a chance.

I don't think ANYONE should get a reward from this. Just scrap the event and move on. It's the only way for it to be fair. If you give prizes to everyone you're still rewarding the cheats.

And before this thread gets closed down, perhaps someone from BB or a mod can explain exactly what has been done to prove

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King
    no such exploit exists

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, maybe an indication. I doubt anyone can prove anything though except BB themselves.

There is no public info how many adventures have been counted per server or any other base stat used in calculating the progression percentages.

However- if many people on the server are admitting to using said tactic and that server is going up the rankings faster- there will be a clear case of smkoke and hence likelyhood of a fire aka a working exploit

The exploit will be worth a fair few euros to each person on the server as the one getting first to 100%, highest ranking and to 200% (which looks to be german 06 server atm for all 3 prizes) being 1250 gems, 3 x nords 2 x pirate residence, 2 silo, 2 watermills 10 buffs and a gold trophee and some minor goodies

But it is time for BB to come with some reaction imo which goes a bit further than the standard replies

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    this made me so disappointed when I read it...

It's like the parrot bug debacle all over again. - and that debacle caused a few of us to have trust issues with corporate BlueByte.

The Moderators can only work from the guidelines that have been set for them, and I actually think they do a very good job in what is sometimes very difficult situations.

However - BlueByte could have done a lot more here. Issues were raised last week with BB_Dantesama and he investigated and came back with an answer on the forum.

I decided to accept that answer. However, when I then see the contents of the German forums - It makes me think again... I do not trust the answer, and it has nothing to do with BB_Dantesama. It has to do withe the way BlueBute has behaved previously. Trust has to be earned.

I applaud BB for coming up with an event, but at the moment the whole thing leaves a rather sour taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by BlueFairy; 17.12.12 at 10:53.

World
    Newfoundland
    Surely BB have the capability to see who fully completed the adventure, even if it's only by the time taken?

Unless they're saying it's not a glitch because it's acceptable to do it this way, in which case they should have come out and said that to all the servers, instead of letting others gain an unfair advantage.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    Surely BB have the capability to see who fully completed the adventure, even if it's only by the time taken?

Unless they're saying it's not a glitch because it's acceptable to do it this way, in which case they should have come out and said that to all the servers, instead of letting others gain an unfair advantage.
    Your premise is still that it works- Which is not proven. It might be likely but that is the firmest the accusations can get atm. And the only ones that can really look into it and come with an answer is BB- who now have the additional issues of distrust to deal with

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    So the biggest losers are actually the people donating goods for the others to do the adventure as it should've been done! The fair way requires the whole server population to work as a team, lower levels supporting the higher but that way we'll get nowhere. Those who never gave any resources away or sold Eotw for high prices are the only ones to benefit on our server. This just feels wrong.

World
    Newfoundland
    Something else I just found out is that BB made an official announcement on the German front page about how only full adventures will count, but didn't make the same announcement to the other 20-odd non-German servers. And then people wonder why others get so paranoid!

If this is the case, is there going to be a full investigation into each servers completed adventures before prizes are awarded?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
    this made me so disappointed when I read it...

It's like the parrot bug debacle all over again. - and that debacle caused a few of us to have trust issues with corporate BlueByte.

The Moderators can only work from the guidelines that have been set for them, and I actually think they do a very good job in what is sometimes very difficult situations.

However - BlueByte could have done a lot more here. Issues were raised last week with BB_Dantesama and he investigated and came back with an answer on the forum.

I decided to accept that answer. However, when I then see the contents of the German forums - It makes me think again... I do not trust the answer, and it has nothing to do with BB_Dantesama. It has to do withe the way BlueBute has behaved previously. Trust has to be earned.

I applaud BB for coming up with an event, but at the moment the whole thing leaves a rather sour taste in my mouth.
    I agree
    1) Previous times denials and fixes have made the word of BB not always to be taken at face value
    2) The discrepancies between servers is huge and needs to be analyzed and explained. If this means giving some more data like percentage of active players that completed 1 or more adventures and some analysis of differences between servers. Issues raised by players focus on a few things:
    a) Tradability of adventures and discrepancies between servers in this
    b) The counting bug after first sub quest pops up
    c) Maturity of server population and impact in ability to finish the adventure (there is no low lvl version to accomodate lack of certain troops)
    d) The availability of 220 general
    e) Stability of population (meaning some servers are locked for new players and hence have a much stabler population of active players over time, others are open and will have a more fluctuating population of active players
    f) last but probably most important: Definition of active players - why this is a far definition and how this is impacting statistics (1 login of a 26+ in the previous 30 days triggers the active flag- how many of these actives have not logged in during event at all and basically were counted wrongly in the statistics)

And yes- this event really exited me when i read about it- even though i would lose a lot of gold doing it as i am sacrificing troops and materials to complete an adventure with underwhelming loots and worthless xp (at lvl 50) so the benefit is not in any comparison to the rewards for the adventure itself in any way- especially considering i had to buy adventures at the beginning @ 60 mf as they weren't tradable and i ran out of the explorer found ones fairly fast (running 3 to 4 adventures a day depletes them fast) To my surprise i couldnt equate the efforts i saw on server and number of completed adventures announced in G-4 with the statistics that showed up on the website- unless BB was either not registering all wins or the number of actives used to calculate the percentages was hugely inflated

Maybe one way for BB to show that the competition was fair and there were too many slackers is to post the highest % of adventures completed per server as 100% and all other servers ranked behind it in a % based on this highest percentage. If that gives a similar outcome at least we know it is not the number of actives (still has the counting of incompleted adventures as posted on german forums to solve as a potential issue/cheat)

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    If it dosn't work then surley they would be miles behind from wasting their time..
    On our BF3 Teamspeak 2 germans have said all week they are doing the above method, infact there whole guild was demanding everyone did it, as not completing the 'whole quest' meant no heavy losses, so even low level players could acheive a score.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Let us keep bashing adventures and hope BB gives a reaction. The stats isnt updated and BB surely will understand this exploit is used,making pp unmotivated wich gives extra unfair odds. The idea was great high level players kicked into action again,g4 made server more fun. Its just sad for BB their idea is ...... up by obvious some german players and who knows more.

I just hope proper actions will be taken no innocent players will be punished and i know its wishfull hoping Bb learns.
    I just fear the scammers wont be punished and the fair players wich clearly had odds and later motivation against them will pay the price and Bb will act like no exploit was used.

Closed Thread