Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flowers for International Women's Day

World
    Newfoundland

Flowers for International Women's Day

I really feel obliged to comment on this subject after seeing the comments yesterday in global chat and also within BB Saqui's post with the jigsaw. International Women's Day is a global celebration and indeed in many countries an official public holiday celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women - in many countries there is a tradition of men honouring women by giving them gifts of guess what FLOWERS and other small gifts. Oh and before anyone jumps to conclusions - I am female, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (male) and am a spokesperson for Equal rights not just for women but for all. I am quite frankly offended by the lack of understanding shown by so many about what IWD actually stands for.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Looking forward to getting a few beers and a kebab on International Men's day.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    The gender gap isn't predicted to close until 2186. So you have roughly 62,050 "Men's" days left. Congratulations, lordloocan.

World
    Sandycove
    I knew it.
    I just knew it.
    As soon a I saw the flowers I knew there would be someone who hates flowers....

*groan*
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I could have sworn politics was a subject forbidden by chat and forum rules.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I knew it.
    I just knew it.
    As soon a I saw the flowers I knew there would be someone who hates flowers....

*groan*
    I like flowers - and my original post was meant to convey the appropriateness of flowers as a gift (though would have preferred yellow ones because they are prettier!)

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblyt View Post
    I like flowers - and my original post was meant to convey the appropriateness of flowers as a gift (though would have preferred yellow ones because they are prettier!)
    Indeed you did. Next time I think they should send assorted colors.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    This is not the first time flowers have been sent on International Women's Day.

Neither is it the first time people have complained about it not representing the spirit of the occasion.

Nor, I suspect, will this be the last time such complaints fall on deaf ears.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i like the flowers it's at least an acknowledgement, we got nothing first 2yrs, and no matter what BB do someone will complain is sadly the way of human nature. so thanks BB for the flowers and to the many in sandy that passed there unwanted gift along to me, they will all find there place somewhere on my island

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    This is not the first time flowers have been sent on International Women's Day.

Neither is it the first time people have complained about it not representing the spirit of the occasion.

Nor, I suspect, will this be the last time such complaints fall on deaf ears.
    ^^ This.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 10.03.17 at 11:43. Reason: Removed moderated content.

Closed Thread