Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 31.08.2021

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We'll have a maintenance tomorrow (regular time - please check our login page for more details). This hotfix will remove the incorrect access to the Event Buff (any buffs created before the event will be removed).
    Trafffer, do you actually KNOW what "hotfix" means?

It means that it gets applied WITHOUT bringing the system down..... A 4 hour maintenance window is certainly NOT a hotfix! It's a kneejerk maintenance window to address an oversight!

Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Still waiting for that video showing how amazing your game loads and plays compared to the rest of us
    GAWPAW posted links to a bunch of zip files (which I did not download or look at as I don't touch zip files from sources I don't trust) in another thread, so it would seem they have their own version of a client which is what they are bragging about.....

Last edited by BB_Trafffer; Today at 18:42.

Interesting that Trafffer has time to glue two of my posts into one. TY, I guess
    Last edited by PharTing; 01.09.21 at 10:07. Reason: Added link to GAWPAW's post

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    try implementing an option to remove the animation on the left hand side for new quests, quests complete, buffs applied, and explorer/geo starting returning. A simple light function that remains on when you have such messages on the returns, quests (buffs are not really needed given emails etc. This will solve a huge number of the performance issues in the game. It is standing there a couple of feet away slapping us in the face to try and tell us that it is a big part of the solution.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    game works 100% PERIOD
    Which game? Just curious ... ^^
    Milan

20th July 2021: TSO died with Unity. RIP.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    time to spend some money on people to fix the game, these small patches every couple of weeks are not good enough, the game is is still unplayable , and i will not spend any money on it until i can play like we use too, and i am not the only one with that opinion

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

What more can I say, "Connection to the server has been lost"

Have not been able to log in for a long time now
    Last edited by Dawntay; 02.09.21 at 08:41.

World
    Newfoundland
    positively suprised yesterday just around 12. Logged on and evereything worked just fine. Moving around the Island, sending out explorers and geologist, building mines and everething. Hurray they've fixed it!!! Ehhh, only they haven't. Now this morning everything (but scrolling around the Island,) is hust as laggy as it was before. This leads me to think there are server problems with BB, and not our PC's.
    The more peeps that are logged on, the more "clogged" the servers get. Are Unity the rigth "engine" for this game? Are the servers fast/big enough for TSO on Unity?

Anyway, till all the bugs are done with, all events should be postponed.

Any comments BB?
    Regards

Nettopp_Naa

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Pre View Post
    I had a similar crash a few minutes ago, didn't get screenshot or detail but I will try to do so if it happens again.
    Another crash. Got some screenshots this time

https://i.gyazo.com/51913c8b153401fd...8446980939.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/bf770e8ccdebcf21...b4fcd7219a.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/4640b55988b5c831...0b7cf4fa5f.png

I was applying some buffs to a friend's island at the time.
    Windows 10 / Chrome

Screenshots from javascript console:

https://i.gyazo.com/3491c620a8df6d4d...f65eeed638.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/d70719fb1093dc1f...32bf54e065.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/22dba86f84a1a8c5...4d71b19e6f.png
    Last edited by Mrs_Pre; 02.09.21 at 13:28. Reason: Further info from javascript console added

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by neilegend View Post
    hi!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi..

Since the last maintenance.. for the 1st time in over a month I have actually been able to log in and have my island instead of a blue ocean ..The game is still virtually unplayable. but at least if I am patient enuff, i can send out a couple of geos and explorers and tidy up a couple of things.. Will not be going anywhere near any type of addy for a while..

I am not one bit interested in any sort of event.. would just like to play the game that I have so enjoyed for the last 8 years in the same fashion..

I'll continue to log in once a day while I can.. and can only hope that things will improve..

Too many players have invested too much time, emotion and dedication to this game to let it fade away. .lets get it back please

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am not interested in any event at all until the game becomes playable. The lag is stil huge (island loading, generals travel, etc) so I'm just login in to keep my economy running at a decent level.
    Still lots of bugs: lag, not showing who's online, etc.
    I am still amazed on how BB announces the fixing of insignificant bugs, like showing geos grayed upon returning from searches, but doing nothing on this huge lag on almost everything. There is no improvment on this since unity has been launched. I am afraid it won't be fixed for many months from now on.

At least they could have the decency to tell us officially to use the fix found by other players and use old client until until then. But in this case they will not have anymore all this thousands of lab-rats to test their pathetic unity version.

Please do something on the lag

Reply to Thread